San Francisco Shore Excursion: Alcatraz Island & San Francisco Grand City Tour
When your cruise ship docks in San Francisco, combine a guided visit to Alcatraz and a city tour for the ultimate San Francisco experience. Take a scenic ferry ride to Alcatraz Island for an intriguing walking tour with audio commentary, and enjoy the picturesque beauty and iconic attractions of the world-famous city by the Bay.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
Ferry ride to Alcatraz Island, guided walking audio tour of the cell block
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
See Pier 39 and the famous Fisherman's Wharf sign
Pass By: Chinatown, Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
Pass By: Gray Line San Francisco, 478 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102-1502
Tour Departure point
Stop At: Lands End, Point Lobos Avenue and El Camino del Mar, San Francisco, CA 94121
Rugged coastline with cypress forest and views of the Golden Gate Bridge
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: 501 Twin Peaks Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94114
Offers stunning 360 degree views of San Francisco (photo stop)
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 478 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
• Complimentary hotel pick-up is available for select San Francisco hotels with confirmation from our reservations staff.
• Please contact us 72 hours prior to tour date to confirm your exact departure time or hotel pick up.Ports
Pier 33, San Francisco, CA
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Alcatraz Admission Ticket including Ferry Ride & Cellhouse Audio Tour.
- Narrated bus tour of San Francisco.
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury motor-coach
- Hotel Pick-up from select San Francisco hotels (if confirmed with reservations).
- Plenty of stops with Photo opportunities.
- Alcatraz Tickets ($39.90 USD value)
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Any other services not specified.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Alcatraz reservations are first come first serve, all reservations are finalized (4) days prior to your departure date.
- You must provide first and last names, along with ages of all passengers to confirm your reservation. If for any reason you do not provide this information within the window of time provided, your Alcatraz tour will be forfeited.
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- Your Alcatraz vouchers / departure time will be available for pick up at 478 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 up to 72-hours prior to your departure date. You are not required to pickup your Alcatraz vouchers prior to your tour departure time, they will be given to you at time of check-in on the date of your tour.
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 1.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. Please note, there is a Tram providing transport for handicapped persons on Alcatraz Island
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
Average 3.88 out of 5 stars based on 17 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
I was desperate to visit Alcatraz, and I wanted to have a concise tour of San Francisco due to my limited vacation time. This tour was affordable and convenient. My tour was held over two days and it actually perfectly worked out! The first day, I got to visit Alcatraz. I spent a good few hours in the island. I spent the rest of my day at Pier 39 and around that area. The second day, I had a fantastic city tour. I enjoyed the Japanese tea garden very much. Shout out to the awesome bus driver, Josh. If your driver is Josh, you are lucky. His tour guide was terrific. I wished I had another tour with him in the PM. It seemed like other tourists in my group booked with him in the PM for a different bus tour. I got to talk to other tourists in my group during the tour, and I loved that part as well. I highly recommend this tour.
This tour was very well organised and the city tour was very interesting - the driver was excellent.
A TRULY EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE.THE TOUR DRIVER WAS A FOUNT OF INFORMATION,AND HE KEPT US ENTERTAINED THROUGHOUT THE TOUR..THERE WAS NO PART OF SANFRANSCO THAT WAS NOT VISITED ,AND TIME WAS ALLOWED FOR PHOTOGRAPHS.I THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TOUR
Excellent - book early to avoid disappointment.
Very good tour. Our guide was very knowledgable about the San Francisco area. We enjoyed seeing Alcatraz especially the audio tour.
This tour was an excellent introduction to the wonderful city that is San Francisco and allowed us to decide on the experiences we wished to follow up on given we only had 4 days in the city. The guide was particularly helpful in answering any questions we had. The visit to Alcatraz was the highlight. We would have no hesitation in recommending this tour which represents excellent value for money.
Alcatraz is really worth to visit. The Self guided Tour tells a Lot about the History of the Island. The view from the Island towards the City is Some of the most spezial ones I ever saw. To See the City from there was really Nice.
Driver was great. I believe his name was Dan. He had a vast knowledge of the city and stories were interesting.
Only thing negative about the tour is the time allowed at the stops.....would have liked to spend some time in China Town.
Most stops only had 10 to 15 minutes to look around. That being said we did see a lot of San Francisco from the window of the bus.
I would recommend this tour if you are only in the city for a short time.
Tour on bus of SF was pretty good. Great bus driver who really highlighted some great facts and history as we drove by sites. Several stops at Golden Gate Bridge and Sutro Bath Ruins by coast were awesome for my teens on trip. Plus, the only way could get Alcatraz tickets; highlight of whole trip!
Excellent trip taking in most of sites of San Francisco including Golden gate Bridge culminating in a boat trip to Alcatraz. Full day but at a relaxing pace and break at Lands End. Very worthwhile if you only have a short time in SF which for us was the case as on a cruise. Much cheaper option than taking the cruise offering.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-2660PRTSFODLX3
Similar Tours & Activities