Muir Woods Tour of California Coastal Redwoods (Entrance fee included)
Venture north over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient coastal redwood trees, also known as Muir Woods National Monument. Enjoy solitude and peace, through the cool, moist air, as you stroll through 1000-year-old trees towering 260 feet tall. Easy booking - No additional entrance fees are required at Muir Woods, price of activity includes entrance ticket!
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Ideal choice for families
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Popular choice with kids
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Hotel pickup included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Scenic drive north over the the Golden Gate Bridge.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Venture north over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient coastal redwood trees, also known as Muir Woods National Monument.
Enjoy solitude and peace, through the cool, moist air, as you stroll through 1000-year-old trees towering 260 feet tall. Experience the awe and wonder as you are treated through Northern California’s signature fog, while you wander in and out of the Mother Nature’s redwood alleyways.
The canopy of coastal redwoods soaring above will stimulate all of your senses as you journey through a piece of ancient California history. You will never forget the crisp, fresh redwood fragrance that will surround you on your journey to the majestic Muir Woods National Monument.
Entrance fee into Muir Woods included in the tour; Enjoy up to 1.5 hours in Muir Woods is included. (Departure times available at 9:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Sausalito Boardwalk, Bridgeway Sausalito Yacht Harbor, Sausalito, CA 94965
Lastly, enjoy a scenic drive through the quaint seaside town of Sausalito – a Mediterranean-like village harbored across the San Francisco Bay, famous for its sweeping views, timeless sophistication, local boutiques and cafes. (Add an optional Ferry Ticket to return to San Francisco at your own leisure)
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
Tour ends at Fisherman's Wharf. Enjoy time to dine for lunch at one of the many seafood restaurants or do some shopping for one-of-a-kind souvenirs. (Leisure time)
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 09:00 AM
- Return Details: Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Entrance fee to Muir Woods ($15)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required. Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Up to 15 passengers per reservation accepted
- Tour itinerary subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic delays, and all other reasons beyond control (Exact sunset timing subject to change day-to-day)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- **Face Coverings** - Guests and staff members are recommended to wear face coverings before, during and after the tour experience. If you do not have a face covering with you, you may request from the Tower Tours Guest Service team to provide you with a disposable face covering while on tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.75 out of 5 stars based on 294 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: C-7116P2
Similar Tours & Activities
Silicon Valley Tour Private Day Trip from San Francisco
5 Hour Napa Valley Wine Tour from San Francisco, CA
Chinatown Food & History Walking Tour - Small Group
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Full-Day Tour from San Francisco
Muir Woods & Sausalito Half-Day Tour (Return by Bus or Ferry from Sausalito)