Hayes Valley Gourmet Food Tour
Explore one of San Francisco's trendy & ultra-chic neighborhoods: Hayes Valley. This 3-hour tasting and walking tour will give you the best of Hayes Valley's gourmet food experiences. You'll learn what's hot in the SF food scene as we visit specialty shops, restaurants and even a speakeasy. With seven tastings, this tour offers plenty of food for lunch.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Led by a local guide
As you compare gourmet cheeses, participate in a craft beer tasting and indulge your sweet tooth, you’ll gain an appreciation for a distinct neighborhood that most tourists never see.
We’ll stroll past elegant Victorians, food trucks and street art as you learn about the history of Hayes Valley. You’ll taste and chat with other food-loving guests, and leave the tour with a host of restaurant recommendations for your next trip to Hayes Valley.
• Seasonal ice cream made before your eyes by liquid nitrogen
• Smoked chicken gumbo from a New Orleans style bistro
• Artisanal salami and bread from the 'first couple of charcuterie'
• Bahn mi sandwiches from an upscale Vietnamese street food café
• Gingerbread cupcakes voted 'Best Cupcake in America' by Food Network
• Gourmet cheese tasting with wine from a French garden café
• Craft beer flight (or wine) from a speakeasy inspired lounge.Please note: Tastings are subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Patricia's Green - children's playground
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 2:00 AM
- Food tasting
- Local guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years old
- A maximum of 12 people per tour
- All tickets sold are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged or rescheduled; the tour is held rain or shine.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Average 3.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
This was an enjoyable way to spend a few hours in an up and coming neighborhood. Tour guide was very nice and well organized tastings were excellent except wine and beer flights at end - choices were just not to our personal tastes. Theme was new trends in food in Hayes Valley, which was fine, but she was not able to answer questions about the licensing process for new restaurants/food shops in the area. Since she made a very big point about the fact that they do not allow large chain restaurants in, it seemed like a logical question, but she didn't have a clue about the governing body or how they had the authority to pick and choose licensees. She did select an eclectic group of tastings, and they did follow the theme of local grown/made foods and her stated trend of knowing where your foods come from.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-7306P3
Similar Tours & Activities