Golden Gate Bridge Guided Bicycle or E-Bike Tour from San Francisco to Sausalito
Pedal across the Golden Gate Bridge on this scenic San Francisco guided bike tour, a family-friendly adventure bringing you up close to the city’s most famous landmark! Choose a regular pedal bicycle or a pedal-assist electric bike, then follow your local guide from Fisherman’s Wharf through Fort Mason, the Marina and the Presidio, and admire incredible views of San Francisco Bay as you ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. The guided portion of your tour ends in Sausalito, but you can explore more on your own after that, then bike or take the ferry back to San Francisco to return the bike at your leisure. Your rental is good for a full 24 hours, so you can see all the San Francisco sights you wish!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tours, 2715 Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
Start at our main location in Fisherman's Wharf, just half a block up for the Cable Car Turnaround
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
Enjoy spectacular views of the San Francisco bay during the entire tour
Stop At: Fort Mason, the Great Meadow, Bay Street and Franklin Street, San Francisco, CA 94123
Former military installation during Civil War and WWII, now public and used for a variety of events
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Marina Green, San Francisco, CA
Pass by the first airfield of San Francisco, now a favorite local park on the waterfront.
Stop At: The Palace Of Fine Arts, 3601 Lyon St, San Francisco, CA 94123, USA
Designed by Bernard Maybeck for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition, celebrating the completion of the Panama Canal
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Formerly a U.S. Army airfield, Crissy Field is now a part of Golden Gate National Recreation Area; offering public beaches, BBQ pits, and spectacular views of Alcatraz and the San Francisco Bay
Stop At: Presidio of San Francisco, 210 Lincoln Boulevard on the Presidio's Main Post, San Francisco, CA 94129
The Presidio has been fortified since 1776, when the Spaniards arrived. Currently it is a unique National Park with residents renting houses throughout the park and many businesses, including Lucas Films
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Warming Hut at the Presidio, Marine Dr, San Francisco, CA
Warm-up inside this historic 1909 wood-frame building, once a U.S. Engineer Storehouse, but now a delightful cafe and gift shop.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fort Point National Historic Site, Long Ave & Marine Dr Building 999, San Francisco, CA 94129
Built between 1853 and 1861 as part of a defense system for the protection of the San Francisco Bay. The Golden Gate Bridge was redesigned to preserve the magnificent fort.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Cross the World-Famous Golden Gate Bridge with spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz Island, and the Pacific Ocean
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Sausalito, Sausalito, Marin County, California
End your tour in the charming bayside town of Sausalito, a Mediterranean inspired town with plenty of waterfront dining and spectacular galleries and shops.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 2715 Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- All necessary equipment (helmet, lock, rear rack)
- Map and route suggestions
- Entry/Admission - Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tours
- Entry/Admission - Golden Gate Bridge
- Optional ferry ticket (13.00 USD; payable to supplier at time of travel)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour lasts between 2.5 and 3 hours; bike rental valid for 24 hours
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for bike fitting and orientation
- Please bring a credit card for security deposit
- Baby seats and trailers are available; please call the local supplier to reserve and pay
- Electric bike rentals are only available for ages 13+
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.57 out of 5 stars based on 35 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
The guides did a superb job preparing the riders for each phase of the trip. Daniel, our guide, was personable, easy going, and knowledgeable. All members of Blazing Saddles from check in to check out were friendly, courteous, enthusiastic, and helpful. I would definitely recommend this adventure.
This tour was amazing!
Tour guide on the bike ride was very good. Informative. He did say the ride to Tiburon was only 45 minutes and essentially one road to follow. That was not really the case. It took us a lot longer and it would have been helpful if he had pointed out which roads to keep an eye out for once we went off of the 8 bike trail. Other than that it was amazing! Highly recommend doing this while in San Francisco.
Friendly guides! Nice bike ride! Cold and windy on the bridge.
Loved this excursion! We tried the electric bikes our first time and that made it easy to get up the many hills along the way. I would recommend this excursion! Truly amazing sights to be seen by bicycle!
A must do. Best way to see San Fransisco on bike however I recommend the electric bike option as while I'm a reasonably fit 40 something its very hilly and this extra push going up hills made it for me. We took the option of the ferry back which goes round Alcatraz and saved us a half day visit as we got really close photos. Tour guide was lovely and handled all ages however it may have been even better with a smaller group.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-6007GGB
Similar Tours & Activities