Experience Legendary Winemaking: Napa Valley Wine Tour from San Francisco
One of the great things about visiting San Francisco is that Wine Country is right in the city’s backyard. Travel in a small group through Napa Valley in luxury transportation, stopping to sample an array of wines at three boutique wineries while learning from your guide about the area’s history and culture. Tasting fees at three wineries included. Each winery has been carefully selected for its unique character, knowledgeable and friendly staff and lovely ambience. Take a tour of a winery and see how wine is made, and sample five or six wines at each stop. Includes hotel pick-up and drop-off. Lunch is on your own at trendy Oxbow Public Market in the town of Napa.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Stop for a photo. Restrooms available if needed.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: 1331 Buhman Ave, Napa, CA 94558, USA
In 1873, John Jacob Buhman became one of Napa’s early wine pioneers when he planted his first grapevine. The property became best known as historic Buhman Cattle Ranch before descendant Don Buhman reintroduced grape growing 20 years ago. At first, he sold his cherished Carneros grapes to brands such as Mumm, Rombauer, Sterling, and Schramsberg. But he was so successful that he started making his own wine, including Chardonnay, Rose, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Andretti Winery, 4162 Big Ranch Rd, Napa, CA 94558-1405
Nestled alongside a quiet country lane in the heart of the legendary Napa Valley, Andretti Winery exudes old-world charm as it whisks wine lovers back in time to a slower pace of life. Modeled after a Tuscan villa, the winery conjures up the boyhood home of its namesake, Mario Andretti, the finest race car driver of all time.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oxbow Public Market, 610 1st St, Napa, CA 94559-2602
Lunch is on your own at trendy Oxbow Public Market, which features a variety of local restaurants with communal seating. The downtown Napa area also has tasting rooms and shops, which you may visit after lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: James Cole Winery, 5014 Silverado Trl, Napa, CA 94558-9749
James Harder is a former wine business executive from Canada and his wife, Colleen, is a former marketing specialist. They purchased what was once a dilapidated equestrian center in 2000 and opened their tasting room in 2007. Only 11 acres in size, James Cole is in the Napa Valley AVA on Silverado Trail. It’s also near the famous Stags Leap AVA, helping influence James Cole’s amazing Cabernet Sauvignon. They also produce Chardonnay and Malbec.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact the supplier directly at least 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm hotel pickup time. Hotel pick ups occur between 8:00-9:00am depending on the hotel location. Please provide your hotel pickup information at time of booking.
Please note: Pick-ups are offered from most hotels in San Francisco (not outside the city, i.e. SFO)Ports
- Cruise Ship Terminal @ Pier 27
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Fully narrated tour with commentary
- Wine tasting at three wineries
- Water for the entire duration of tour
- Gum, mints and suntan lotion
- Hotel pickup and drop-off* (from most hotels in SF)
- Experienced Wine Country Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - 1331 Buhman Ave
- Entry/Admission - Andretti Winery
- Entry/Admission - James Cole Winery
- Lunch at Oxbow Public Market in Napa
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- MUST be at least 21 years to consume alcohol
- Child rate is available for guests under 21 years
- Guests traveling with children under the age of 8 will need to provide their own car seat and take responsibility for installing it into the vehicle. Please contact local operator after booking to confirm car seat compatibility
- Please provide your contact information (i.e. email and phone number) and hotel information at time of booking
- It is recommended to dress in layers as the weather can vary dramatically from San Francisco to Napa
- Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free lunch options are available at Oxbow Public Market
- Please leave a note in the "Special Requirements" field at time of booking if you are celebrating an anniversary, honeymoon, birthday, or another special occasion to receive a special gift
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our maximum size for group tours is 6 people on a 14 passenger bus to allow for physical distancing. The use of masks is required in the vehicle. Guests must bring their own. Guide training to ensure the safest possible conditions.Each winery has their own restrictions, which all guests must follow.
Average 4.62 out of 5 stars based on 26 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
The tour was great and our guide fantastic! Thanks for being the highlight of our trip to SF!
Did this a while ago now, but had an amazing time!
Driver Katie was great. Loved the smaller tour group experience.
We had a great trip to Napa with Dylan - a nice guy with a great sense of humor. Our trip started out with a long delay on one of the bridges do to an earlier incident. Dylan asked us if anyone had plans where they needed to get back by a certain time - none did. He didn't shorten our time at the wineries or during lunch. We just had a longer tour do to the traffic problems in the morning. We had a wonderful group of 11 on our bus with everyone being very social. I was very happy with all three wineries we visited. On the return trip to San Francisco Dylan handed a bottle of wine to the couple celebrating their 40th anniversary and another to a person celebrating a birthday. The 2 bottles were shared with the whole bus on the trip back. Dylan even got the whole bus singing Brandy you're a fine girl. I highly recommend the tour.
It was perfect.
Great tour! Nice to be in a small group visiting unique boutique wineries. Jan or guide was wonderful. Lots of energy, great information and nicely detailed about more than just wine country appreciated her special play list on the way home of California songs. Great time would do this again!
Well run tour. Driver/guide,Carson, kept everything on schedule, was personable and provided great commentary along the way. The first winery, Spelletich, did a great job of actually teaching us about the grapes, the process, and how to do a tasting. Three wineries were visited each unique. Lunch was as promised at the Oxbow with sufficient time to enjoy the location.
Tour guide Dylan was friendly and had a great sense of humour. Gave us a bottle of wine at the end of the tour as it was our honeymoon which was very nice of him. The staff at the wineries were friendly and informative and the food at the Napa market was excellent. I would highly recommend this tour
It was great,
Very friendly guide with fantastic sense of humour. Visited 3 wineries: Sspelletich, Andretti, Madonna real estate. Enjoyed wine tasting at all of them. Nice views, delicious great wine. Definitely recommend this tour to countryside and wine lovers.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-6787NAPA
Similar Tours & Activities