Combo Tour: Alcatraz Island and San Francisco Grand City Tour
Combine a San Francisco City Tour and guided visit to Alcatraz for the ultimate introduction to San Francisco! You'll enjoy the beauty and attractions of everyone's favorite city, in addition to a scenic ferry ride to Alcatraz Island for an audio walking tour.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, 333 Post St San Francisco Shopping Districts, San Francisco, CA 94108-4901
Departing the heart of Union square, the coach makes its way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
On your way to the Golden Gate Bridge, travelers will see:
Union Square: Theatres, shopping, hotels
Pass By: Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA
We make our way north on Van Ness Avenue. Famous for being used as a firebreak, by the US Army during the 1906 earthquake and fire.
Pass By: Cow Hollow, Union St, San Francisco, CA
Two affluent neighborhoods, attracting young professionals. Chic fashion boutiques, Pilates studios, juice shops, beauty salons. Many fine dining restaurants ranging from French Bistros to American Fusion Cuisine.
Stop At: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
Designed by Bernard Maybeck for the 1915 Worlds Fair.
This 162-foot high open rotunda appears as a Greek-Roman inspired fictional ruin.
Disembark bus and explore the structure and lagoon.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
The tour crosses the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
On a clear day, the Golden Gate Bridge offers a panoramic view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Presidio of San Francisco, 210 Lincoln Boulevard on the Presidio's Main Post, San Francisco, CA 94129
Former U.S. Army military fort,1500-acre park.
Home to; Baker Beach, hiking, historic buildings house the Walt Disney Family Museum, eateries, homes, and businesses like Lucasfilm, with its Yoda Fountain.
Stop At: Lands End, Point Lobos Avenue and El Camino del Mar, San Francisco, CA 94121
Beautiful coastal stop at Ocean Beach with rugged cliffs, cypress forest, and views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Pacific Ocean, Sutro Bath ruins, and the Cliff House.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Golden Gate Park, 501 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117-1898
Entering Golden Gate Park from the west we pass by one of two Dutch Windmills. Journeying through the park the driver will point out all the points of interest; Bison Paddock, Japanese Tea Gardens, California Academy of Science, Conservatory of Flowers.
Pass By: Haight Street, San Francisco, CA
Travelers will see where the Hippie movement began during the Summer of Love. Unusual stores, unique dining and live entertainment.
Stop At: 501 Twin Peaks Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94114
Two identical peaks give this attraction its name. One of the highest peaks in the city, you will have breathtaking 360 degree views of the entire city
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: The Castro, Castro and Market Sts., San Francisco, CA 94114
Descending down towards Market Street, we enter the Castro District.
All are welcome and safe in this LGBT community!
Pass By: Market Street, San Francisco, CA
This major thoroughfare in San Francisco. We drive east from the Castro towards the Ferry Building and the downtown Financial District.
Pass By: Financial District, Financial District, San Francisco, California
Among the skyscrapers that dominate the skyline (Transamerica Pyramid, Salesforce Tower), there is a wealth of tech business and Fortune 500 companies.
Pass By: Chinatown, Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
Passing under the "Dragon Gates" of Chinatown, traveler's enter a bustling district of commerce bursting with color.
Pass By: North Beach, North Beach, San Francisco, California
Don't blink your eyes, the transition from Chinatown to North Beach is seamless. This quick transition brings us the sights and aromas of San Francisco's "Little Italy".
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, CA 94133
Ferry to Alcatraz Island, walking tour of the prison with award-winning guided "Cell Block Audio Tour"
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Alcatraz Admission Ticket (valued at $41.00 USD) including Ferry Ride & Cellhouse Audio Tour
- Narrated Bus Tour of San Francisco
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury motor-coach
- Transportation to Pier 33 Alcatraz Cruise Port after City Tour
- Plenty of stops with Photo opportunities
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Any other services not specified
- Hotel Pick up or drop off
- Bus Transportation after the Alcatraz Tour is not included
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Alcatraz reservations are first come first serve, all reservations are finalized (11) days prior to your departure date. No refunds or changes allowed after this date.
- You must provide first and last names, along with ages of all passengers to confirm your reservation. If for any reason you do not provide this information within the window of time provided, your Alcatraz tour will be forfeited.
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 2.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure
- Pier 33 is the last stop and ends the bus transport portion of tour. Customers will need to make their own way back to their desired destinations after Alcatraz.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 55 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.39 out of 5 stars based on 2267 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities