Combo Tour: Alcatraz Island and San Francisco Grand City Tour
Combine a San Francisco City Tour and guided visit to Alcatraz for the ultimate introduction to San Francisco! You'll enjoy the beauty and attractions of everyone's favorite city, in addition to a scenic ferry ride to Alcatraz Island for an audio walking tour.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, San Francisco Shopping Districts, San Francisco, CA 94102
Downtown San Francisco
Pass By: Chinatown, Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
San Francisco Chinatown
Pass By: North Beach, Broadway at Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
Little Italy Neighborhood, Transamerica Pyramid
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
See Pier 39, the famous Fisherman's Wharf sign, and the Embarcadero waterfront
Pass By: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
Monumental structure built originally for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition
Pass By: Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94129
Park, former U.S. Army military fort
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo Stop at the Golden Gate Bridge
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
See the SF Bay on your drive across the bridge
Stop At: Lands End, Point Lobos Avenue and El Camino del Mar, San Francisco, CA 94121
Beautiful coastal stop at Ocean Beach with rugged cliffs, cypress forest, and views of the Golden Gate Bridge
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Golden Gate Park, 501 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117-1898
Stop At: 501 Twin Peaks Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94114
Two identical peaks give this attraction its name. One of the highest peaks in the city, you will have breathtaking 360 degree views of the entire city
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
Ferry to Alcatraz Island, walking tour of the prison with award-winning guided "Cell Block Audio Tour"
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 478 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
• Complimentary hotel pick-up is available for select San Francisco hotels with confirmation from our reservations staff.
• Please contact us 72 hours prior to tour date to confirm your exact departure time or hotel pick up.
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Alcatraz Admission Ticket including Ferry Ride & Cellhouse Audio Tour.
- Narrated Bus Tour of San Francisco
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury motor-coach
- Hotel Pick-up from select San Francisco hotels (if confirmed with reservations).
- Transportation to Pier 33 Alcatraz Cruise Port after City Tour
- Plenty of stops with Photo opportunities
- Alcatraz Tickets ($39.90 USD value)
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Any other services not specified
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Alcatraz reservations are first come first serve, all reservations are finalized (4) days prior to your departure date.
- You must provide first and last names, along with ages of all passengers to confirm your reservation. If for any reason you do not provide this information within the window of time provided, your Alcatraz tour will be forfeited.
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- Your Alcatraz vouchers / departure time will be available for pick up at 478 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 up to 72-hours prior to your departure date. You are not required to pickup your Alcatraz vouchers prior to your tour departure time, they will be given to you at time of check-in on the date of your tour.
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 1.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. Please note, there is a Tram providing transport for handicapped persons on Alcatraz Island
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 4.38 out of 5 stars based on 2223 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
A fantastic trip round San Francisco seeing all the sights - in comfort with great guide. Alcatraz experience particularly great as we were lucky enough to get the Blue Angels flying display all around us. Highly recommendable.
this trip is worth every penny, saw all the sites like golden gate bridge and stopped for photos, the driver was very informative about the place and the history and alcatraz was brilliant
The tour bus was a great way of seeing the city we were taken to all parts we wouldn't have had chance to see otherwise the driver was great with lots of knowledge of the city. The timings were great for us them to move to the Alcatraz tour which was as good as we expected all on all worth every penny we paid and would recommend.
We had the best day. Our tour guide Don was great with a wealth of knowledge. A must do - highly recommendable
Great tour. Guide was great and Alcatraz was wonderful. I wish the buses were allowed to go more slowly for picture taking. I was pleased to see that Alcatraz had a tram up the .3 mile climb up to the cell blocks. Very helpful for the injured.
Excellent tour even in the fog. We could not see the Golden gate bridge but by the afternoon it was visible from afar. Tom our driver was excellent. Very knowledgeable of SF. I recommend this for anyone to see the various spots you may not think about.
Great day! Learned so much about the city and the island!
Yes, you need photo ID to get on the island!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-2660SFODLX3
Similar Tours & Activities