Big Bus San Francisco Muir Woods and Alcatraz Island Combo
Enjoy this adventure package including two of the most popular attractions in San Francisco. See the famous redwoods of Muir Woods National Monument and take a ferry to visit the notorious Alcatraz Island prison.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
Guided Transportation from San Francisco to Muir Woods National Park
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133
Alcatraz Island Ferry and Admission Ticket Included. Award winning Audio Tour included in Alcatraz Island Tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 99 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 1 day (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island (US$39.90 value)
- Award-winning self-guided audio tour at Alcatraz (available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Mandarin, Korean, Cantonese and Italian)
- Transportation to and from Muir Woods National Park
- Entry/Admission - San Francisco Bay
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to the Alcatraz dock (Pier 33)
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Due to National Park Regulations, the exact departure time of your Alcatraz cruise cannot be confirmed until 2 days prior to the tour date.
- To receive your Alcatraz Ticket you must check into the supplier office (on voucher) one day prior to the Alcatraz Tour date or before 9am on the date of your Alcatraz Tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please advise at time of booking if you require wheelchair assistance
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Maps and brochures will not be handed out on the service and customers are encouraged to download our Free Mobile App providing extended digital content including map and live bus tracking.
Average 4.44 out of 5 stars based on 9 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
From the online booking, in office confirmation and advice to the tour guide (Wendy), the service was well explained, friendly and impeccable.
Alcatraz was a great experience, the audio was clear and enough history.
Muir Woods. .. absolutely beautiful and awe inspiring..... I love nature
Loved this excursion. Everything was just like they said it would be. It was on time and driver was excellent and very informative. Would definitely recommend this to everyone.
We did Alcatraz in the morning and then Muir Woods in the afternoon. Single-day combo tour worked out very well. Had adequate time at both venues with a leisurely walk between Pier 33 (Alcatraz) and the Muir Woods tour bus pick-up point. Would highly recommend visiting both locations if you’re in the San Francisco area. Our driver/tour guide for Muir Woods, Vlad, was excellent.
My only complaint is that the driver to Muir Woods talked nonstop there and back. Needed to give us a little beeak.
Great tour but the times were off by 2 hours which was not cool. We kept getting told 1pm...130...2pm...so we left Alcatraz early so we wouldn’t miss the Muir Woods then ended up waiting
we received an email that we had to pick up our Alcatraz tickets the day before our tour, which meant an extra trip down to the waterfront . We attempted to call their office twice and we were unable to talk to a real person, which was very annoying. When we got to the Big Bus Tour office on the day of the tour, we discovered that It was not necessary to come the day before. Not great Big Bus Tours!
Having said that, we enjoyed both segments of the trip. We went to Muir Woods in the morning with a great guide named Charles. He gave us lots of history along the way, which was very informative and he manoeuvred the windy road up to the woods with ease.
The trip through Muir Woods is a self guided tour and you are given plenty of time to explore. Muir Woods is magnificent and there are some very large redwood trees. It is a quiet place to reflect on the magnificent beauty around you. I enjoyed it immensely!
We returned to Fisherman’s Wharf and we had several hours before our boat left for Alcatraz. There are lots of restaurants to find lunch and then it is about a half kilometre walk to Pier 33, where the boat leaves for Alcatraz.
This is another self guided tour. There is about a 20 minute ferry ride to the Island and when you arrive, a ranger gives you a bit of an introductory talk. You have to walk uphill to the cell block where the Audio tour starts. You are expected to walk up the hill unless you have a mobility issue, which prevents you from walking but there is a tram you can take if you have mobility problems.
The Audio Tour of the cell block was fascinating and the views of San Fransisco and the bridges are breathtaking. The walk down was easy and there were stops along the way, where you could take pictures. You can also stay as long as you want and the Ferry back leaves about every 15 minutes. I would highly recommend this tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-5096P28
Similar Tours & Activities