America's Cup Day Sailing Adventure on San Francisco Bay
Welcome aboard for a thrilling 2.5 hour sailing adventure aboard USA 76, an International America’s Cup Class racing yacht that challenged in 2003 for sporting’s oldest active trophy, the America’s Cup. Feel the adrenaline as the yacht powers up and we sail towards the Golden Gate Bridge. Public trips are conducted multiple days a week, year round, departing from PIER 39 in San Francisco.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
We will sail under the Golden Gate Bridge weather permitting.
Pass By: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94123
We will sail past Alcatraz Island with views of the Warden's residence, cell blocks, and historical graffiti from the Occupation of Alcatraz.
Pass By: Sausalito, Sausalito, Marin County, California
When the winds are good on the north side of the Bay we will do a flyby of the Sausalito waterfront.
Pass By: Angel Island State Park, Pier 41, San Francisco, CA 94109
Angel Island is a dominant feature of the Bay and we will have good views of the southern shore of the island.
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Crissy Field is usually buzzing with activity and it serves as a launch point for some of the best windsurfers and kiteboarders in the world.
Pass By: Ferry Building Marketplace, 1 Ferry Building The Embarcadero at Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94111-4209
The iconic Ferry Building is just as beautiful from the water as it is from land.
Pass By: San Francisco Bay Bridge, Highway 80 West, San Francisco, CA 94105
If weather conditions at the Golden Gate Bridge are unfavorable, we often find the Bay Bridge and South Bay beyond has great sailing.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Pier 39, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- US Coast Guard Licensed Captain plus professional crew
- Bottled water & energy snacks
- Waterproof pants and warm jackets on board if needed
- Gratuities (recommended 15%
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Visit ACsailingSF online to view the real-time status of each trip.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 15 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Had a fantastic day sailing. Skipper John, crew Sean and I unfortunately can’t remember the other gentleman’s name, sorry, were great and very informative and helpful. The weather was all we could wish for, a good breeze and sunny. Yes it was cold but everyone expected than and dressed accordingly. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and would recommend it to anyone.
I stayed back 2 days in SFO for this and it was absolutely worth it - as I am a sailing enthusiast. the boat is 90 feet of beauty and moves unbelievably smooth and fast. The crew was extremely encouraging and involved the guest in several activities starting from rigging the boat to allowing everyone to take the wheel helm . They had some lovely jackets on board for those who were ill prepared - though the booking form clearly said that a jacket wouldbe necessay. We were fortunate to see baby Porpiose jumping along side the boat for a short distance. the route was pretty scenic, going past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge offering a good optional view of the SFO skyline.
If you love sailing this is for you. Sailed around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge, we were even lucky enough to see whales and dolphins! Must do especially during whale watching season.
What a blast! We got to see the bay from a previously unknown angle. We had never been on a sailboat before but the crew allowed us to adapt to the experience and slowly pulled us into it. During the 2 hour sail, we saw the entire bay including cruising past Alcatraz and sailing under the GG Bridge. We saw whales, sea lions, and dolphins. Everyone 20 people got to take turns at hoisting and moving the sails and driving the boat - you get a chance to experience what it must feel like to be on an America's Cup team while still knowing that if we do something boneheaded we're still safe, thanks to the expert crew. Thanks guys - we will be back!
This tour was awesome! Great crew, fun hands-on experience, and unique views of SF. Fast boat too- prepare to fly! :)
A great adventure and a must do.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-15560P2
Similar Tours & Activities