America's Cup Sailing Adventure on San Francisco Bay: Day Sail
Welcome aboard for a thrilling 2.5 hour sailing adventure aboard USA 76, an International America’s Cup Class racing yacht that challenged in 2003 for sporting’s oldest active trophy, the America’s Cup. Feel the adrenaline as the yacht powers up and we sail towards the Golden Gate Bridge. Public trips are conducted multiple days a week, year round, departing from PIER 39 in San Francisco.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
Your trip will begin by checking in at Gate B, Pier 39 fifteen minutes prior to departure (Gate B is located behind the Aquarium of the Bay on the east side of Pier 39 close to The Embarcadero). Upon departure we will introduce the crew, have a safety brief, and share some history about the yacht. Then it is time hoist the sails and go yachting!
Participation is encouraged! With a mast that reaches 11 stories high, everything is big and powerful. You get to fill active crew roles and will have the opportunity to spin the sail trim controls known as “coffee grinders,” take your turn at the helm, or simply sit back and enjoy the ride on this high-performance America’s Cup racing yacht.
While we are sailing you will enjoy spectacular views of San Francisco and the surrounding communities. We have complimentary water and energy bars available during the sail. There are no restroom facilities aboard this race yacht so we will instruct you where to use the restroom on land before departure.
Our crew enjoys sharing their knowledge about the America’s Cup and sailing on San Francisco Bay so bring lots of questions. If you enjoy your experience, gratuities for the crew are greatly appreciated.
Both your Captain and the yacht are licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard for passenger service. USA 76 is a very stable yacht and sea sickness is never a problem for our guests. USA 76 can accommodate up to 20 guests at a time.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Pier 39, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- US Coast Guard Licensed Captain plus professional crew
- Bottled water & energy snacks
- Waterproof pants and warm jackets on board if needed
- Gratuities (recommended 15%
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Visit ACsailingSF online to view the real-time status of each trip.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Had a fantastic day sailing. Skipper John, crew Sean and I unfortunately can’t remember the other gentleman’s name, sorry, were great and very informative and helpful. The weather was all we could wish for, a good breeze and sunny. Yes it was cold but everyone expected than and dressed accordingly. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and would recommend it to anyone.
I stayed back 2 days in SFO for this and it was absolutely worth it - as I am a sailing enthusiast. the boat is 90 feet of beauty and moves unbelievably smooth and fast. The crew was extremely encouraging and involved the guest in several activities starting from rigging the boat to allowing everyone to take the wheel helm . They had some lovely jackets on board for those who were ill prepared - though the booking form clearly said that a jacket wouldbe necessay. We were fortunate to see baby Porpiose jumping along side the boat for a short distance. the route was pretty scenic, going past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge offering a good optional view of the SFO skyline.
If you love sailing this is for you. Sailed around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge, we were even lucky enough to see whales and dolphins! Must do especially during whale watching season.
What a blast! We got to see the bay from a previously unknown angle. We had never been on a sailboat before but the crew allowed us to adapt to the experience and slowly pulled us into it. During the 2 hour sail, we saw the entire bay including cruising past Alcatraz and sailing under the GG Bridge. We saw whales, sea lions, and dolphins. Everyone 20 people got to take turns at hoisting and moving the sails and driving the boat - you get a chance to experience what it must feel like to be on an America's Cup team while still knowing that if we do something boneheaded we're still safe, thanks to the expert crew. Thanks guys - we will be back!
This tour was awesome! Great crew, fun hands-on experience, and unique views of SF. Fast boat too- prepare to fly! :)
A great adventure and a must do.
Amazing trip! We had a fantastic time on the SF Bay with the very best crew onboard the USA76. We are a family of 4 kids are 5 and 9. They were very welcome abord and were supplied with lifevests and jackets. The weather was windy and gray, but it was still a great time, around Alcatraz, under Golden Gate and the SF harbour. We can recommend this trip BIG TIME. When we get to SF again, we are def looking these guys up again!
Fabulous - what a great way to spend a morning. The weather was superb and the sailing was excellent. Sailed across the Bay, passing Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge. Definitely recommend!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-15560P2
Similar Tours & Activities