Alcatraz Island Ticket with Chinatown Private or Group Tour
Take away the stress and uncertainty away from booking an Alcatraz tour with this package that includes Alcatraz ferry tickets, cable car tickets, and a 90 min tour of Chinatown. Get practical tips from your guide on visiting Alcatraz and using your cable car tickets then follow them through the heart of the largest Chinese community in the Western World. This is a good way to spend half a day in San Francisco enjoying some of its quintessential experiences with the help of a local who is on hand both to guide you and sort out logistics.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94123
Start your experience at the landing for Alcatraz ferries, where you’ll meet a guide who gives you two separate tickets. One is for your ferry to the island and also gets you an audio guide once you arrive. The other can be redeemed for one ride on a cable car. Get hints and tips from your guide on where to eat after your tour and how to avoid the lines when taking your cable car ride then head over to Alcatraz.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Chinatown, Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
When you return, grab some lunch and join us again on an introductory tour of Chinatown. Starting near the Dragon’s Gate, step back in time to when the neighborhood was a warren of brothels and opium dens. Learn how it improved over the years as you see neighborhood landmarks like Waverly Place, Portsmouth Square, and St. Mary’s Cathedral. Visit a traditional apothecary, tempt your tastebuds at some of the city’s best bakeries, and even taste some fresh fortune cookies (an SF invention) at the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory. Don’t forget the food: get an introduction to the 8 great cuisines of China and where you can eat them, along with some of your guide’s favorite places for dim sum.
Pass By: Old Cathedral of St. Mary, 660 California St Chinatown, San Francisco, CA 94108-2501
Old St Mary's Cathedral
Pass By: Dragon's Gate, Bush St What3words: ///also.secret.ever, San Francisco, CA 94108
The Dragon Gates of Chinatown
Pass By: Portsmouth Square, 50 Walter U Lum Pl b/t Clay St & Washington St in Chinatown, San Francisco, CA 94108
Pass By: Chinatown Alleys, Chinatown, San Francisco, CA
Old Chinatown Alley
Pass By: Golden Gate Fortune Cookies Co, 56 Ross Aly, San Francisco, CA 94108-1204
Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: 1800 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
2: 10 Mark Ln, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
- Duration: 1 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: San Francisco, CA, USA
- Alcatraz Island Ticket including round trip ferry and audio guide
- Guided walking tour of Chinatown
- Expert local guide
- Tasting and demonstration at Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory
- Special hand-made, custom fortune cookie to go
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please note that due to policies governed by Alcatraz, you must provide the name and birthdate for each person visiting the island. You will be asked to provide this information by the tour operator after booking.
- Due to Alcatraz's changing schedule, the tour operator will contact you within 10-days of your tour to confirm your ticket time.
- Please note, your tour includes a 30-minute introduction to Alcatraz prior to departure on the ferry.
- Please do not try to collect your Alcatraz tickets from the ticket booth. You must meet your guide at the meeting point, 10 minutes prior to the tour departure time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Average 3.64 out of 5 stars based on 14 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Had a great day visiting Alcatraz and Chinatown. The history was most interesting. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
Loved the Alcatraz tour. Spent 2 1/2 hrs on the island. Had lunch at Pier 39, walked around, saw the sea lions. Met back up with the tour at 4 pm and toured Chinatown for 1 1/2 hrs. A lot of history and got to sample a fortune cookie. Then took our Trolley ride back to Fishermans Wharf. Perfect day.
We enjoyed this tour especially the commentary on Alcatraz by the guards and innmates. Loved the cable car ride.
Meeting your rep is easy. LeAnne from walks was friendly, knowledgeable and gave us local insights on where to eat.
Alcatraz is everything you've seen in the films and so worth it in the price to have an audio tour.
Isabella from walks was our rep for Chinatown and gave us an insight on the Chinese community in San Francisco. The bonus for me was going to the fortune cookie factory.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-7167P38
Similar Tours & Activities