San Diego Shore Excursion: San Diego Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley
While you’re in port, discover San Diego at your own pace with a one-day ticket on the San Diego Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour. This do-it-yourself shore excursion allows you to create your own itinerary so you can see the popular sights of San Diego at your own pace – simply hop off at any stop and hop back on the trolley when you’re ready!
Old Town Trolley Tour of San Diego
Route Duration: 2 hours
- 4010 Twiggs St - Stop A: Old Town State Park - Stop A is located at the entrance to the Historic State Park and Old Town Market, featuring over 40 specialty gift shops. Across the street is the historic Immaculate Conception Church.
- 1004 N Harbor Dr - Stop B: Embarcadero Marina - Stop B is located at 1004 N. Harbor Drive along the Embarcadero near the USS Midway Museum and the cruise ship terminal. The San Diego Visitor Information Center is nearby including the Maritime Museum and the Star of India.
- 470 Kettner Blvd - Stop D: Seaport Village - Stop C is located on the east side of Seaport Village next to the Bay Company.
- 333 W Harbor Dr - Stop E: Marriott Marquis and Marina - Stop D is located in the front of the Marriott Hotel at the Waterfall.
- Horton Grand Hotel - Stop F: Historic Gaslamp Quarter - Stop F is located next to the Horton Grand Hotel at the corner of 4th street and Island Avenue across the street from the historic William Heath Davis House.
- 855 E Harbor Dr - Stop G: Petco Park/East Convention Center/Hilton Bayfront - Stop G is located on East Harbor Drive, under the pedestrian bridge.
- 1107 Orange Ave - Stop I: Coronado/Orange Avenue - Stop H is located at Mc P’'s Irish Pub & Grill on Orange Avenue, the main shopping and dining area of Coronado. Hotel Del Coronado is 2 blocks south. The Coronado Beach is approximately 2 blocks away.
- 2185 Presidents Way - Stop J: Balboa Park - Stop I is located in the heart of Balboa Park near the corner of President's Way and Pan American Rd. behind the Organ Pavilion Parking Lot.
- 1602 India St - Stop K: Little Italy - Stop J is located in the heart of Little Italy, next to Buon Appetito.
- Maritime Museum of San Diego - Stop C: San Diego Maritime Museum
- Barrio Logan - Stop H: Cesar Chavez Parkway & National Ave.
Old Town San Diego State Historic Park / Old Town Trading Company / Casa de Estudillo / Old Town San Diego / USS Midway Museum / Maritime Museum of San Diego / San Diego Visitor Information Center / Tuna Harbor Park / Seaport Village / The Headquarters at Seaport / Gaslamp Quarter / San Diego Convention Center / Petco Park / Coronado Bridge / Coronado Beach / Balboa Park / San Diego Air & Space Museum / El Prado / Museum of Us / Little Italy / Barrio Logan / Maritime Museum of San Diego
Operates: Times vary depending on season.
Currently operating 9:00am to 5 pm (last tour departs Old Town at 3 pm);
Trolleys arrive at each boarding location approximately every 20 minutes.
Guests will be given brochures when they begin the tour and can refer to the schedules printed in the brochure to see the first tour time, last tour time, and last re-boarding time at each boarding location.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Trolley Tour; 1-Day Pass
11/21/2022 - 11/27/202211/21/2022 - 11/27/202211/21/2022 - 11/27/202211/28/2022 - 12/4/202211/28/2022 - 12/4/202212/5/2022 - 12/11/202212/12/2022 - 12/18/202212/19/2022 - 12/25/202212/19/2022 - 12/25/202212/19/2022 - 12/25/202212/26/2022 - 1/1/202312/26/2022 - 1/1/20231/2/2023 - 1/8/20231/9/2023 - 1/15/20231/16/2023 - 1/22/20231/23/2023 - 1/29/20231/30/2023 - 2/5/20232/6/2023 - 2/12/20232/13/2023 - 2/19/20232/20/2023 - 2/26/20232/27/2023 - 3/5/20233/6/2023 - 3/12/20233/13/2023 - 3/19/20233/20/2023 - 3/26/20233/27/2023 - 4/2/20234/3/2023 - 4/9/20234/10/2023 - 4/16/20234/17/2023 - 4/23/20234/24/2023 - 4/30/20235/1/2023 - 5/7/20235/8/2023 - 5/14/20235/15/2023 - 5/21/20235/22/2023 - 5/28/20235/29/2023 - 6/4/20236/5/2023 - 6/11/20236/12/2023 - 6/18/20236/19/2023 - 6/25/20236/26/2023 - 7/2/20237/3/2023 - 7/9/20237/10/2023 - 7/16/20237/17/2023 - 7/23/20237/24/2023 - 7/30/20237/31/2023 - 8/6/20238/7/2023 - 8/13/20238/14/2023 - 8/20/20238/21/2023 - 8/27/20238/28/2023 - 9/3/20239/4/2023 - 9/10/20239/11/2023 - 9/17/20239/18/2023 - 9/24/20239/25/2023 - 10/1/202310/2/2023 - 10/8/202310/9/2023 - 10/15/202310/16/2023 - 10/22/202310/23/2023 - 10/29/202310/30/2023 - 11/5/202311/6/2023 - 11/12/202311/13/2023 - 11/19/2023
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at select hotels (Mission Bay Fri-Sun)
- Food and drinks
- Tour does not operate on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if a wheelchair-accessible trolley is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Emotional support animals or pets not allowed
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 4.60 out of 5 stars based on 45 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor