Haunted San Diego Ghost Tour
On our OFFICIAL Haunted San Diego Ghost Tour, you will hear spine-tingling stories about real people, history, folklore, and the ghosts that have made San Diego one of the most haunted cities in the west.
We are the #1 highest reviewed SD ghost tour on TripAdvisor, Yelp, Google and Facebook.
Our roughly 2-hour bus and light walking tour brings San Diego history alive… one ghost story at a time. Be prepared for a combination of authentic history, genuine creepy moments, and cheesy joke laughs to lighten the mood. Be ready to experience an array of emotions and learn about the dark side of SD as well.
Join us on our tour, and you’ll experience:
Our proof that ghosts exist
Captivating history told in a theatrical way
Professional dramatic storytellers in costume
The ghost coach, our coffin/theater on wheels
Hauntings events sometimes happen on tour (it's rare but it does happen)
It's time to sign up and get spooky!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House, 410 Island Ave, San Diego, CA 92101-6925
You will enter the house that the San Diego Ghost Hunters, tell us is currently the "most active", location in SD. Even more active then the more famous ones. Entry is included!
This is the house where people would come to die as it was a hospital of sorts with a dramatic history. Our guests have experienced being pushed around the house with a hand on their back when there is no one behind them and catching mysterious shapes on camera, lots of orbs here as well. Bring your camera! While we can't employ ghost or guarantee something will happen, things can and will occur we just don't know when.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Horton Grand Hotel, 311 Island Ave, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
You will enter this location, we do a presentation in the bar and lobby. Famous for room 309 and room 209, which are both active. One of the ghosts maybe someone you have already heard of, an infamous gunslinger, can yoYou will enter this location, we do a presentation in the bar and lobby. Famous for room 309 and room 209, which are both active. One of the ghosts maybe someone you have already heard of, an infamous gunslinger, can you guess who that might be? Visitors still experience mysterious cold chills, footsteps, and glowing orbs.u guess who that might be? Visitors still experience mysterious cold chills, footsteps and glowing orbs.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Villa Montezuma Museum, 1925 K St, San Diego, CA 92102-3828
You will go on the premise of the Villa, a museum that is closed at night. But don't be fooled, if you read our reviews, this location is one of many people's top, our presentation there is very well received and plus lots of eerie things have been captured by our guest lens.
You will see this location, which is haunted by 2 people who once lived there. Strangely enough, they say, it is the first person to live in the house and the last to live in the Villa Montezuma. Perhaps you will hear music from beyond or see a haunted artifact move.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Whaley House Museum, 2476 San Diego Ave Old Town, San Diego, CA 92110-2730
You will go on the premises of the Whaley House. Find out how it all began with Yankee Jim and it's other doomed occupants. Get the, for lack of a better word, "Greatest Hits" tales at this location.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: El Campo Santo Cemetery, 2410 San Diego Ave Old Town, San Diego, CA 92110-2836
What is a haunted tour without a graveyard? You will enter this location and be told the stories among the tombstones.
Back to where it all began. Old Town San Diego, El Campo Santo Cemetery has a long history of the macabre. Ghosts there are disturbed as their burial grounds have been disturbed many times. Strange figures still appear seemingly to glow and float above the ground.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 2415 San Diego Ave, San Diego, CA 92110, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 55 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Haunted San Diego Ghost Tour
- Experience the Ghost Coach, our Coffin on Wheels.
- Historically Accurate Ghost Stories
- Spooky and Haunted Locations
- World-Class Storytellers and Trained Thespians
- Disembark at All Locations and Enter the Majority of Them
- Intimate Tour with Limited Seats
- Entry/Admission - Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Entry/Admission - Horton Grand Hotel
- Due to our bus size and the older nature of our locations we are not wheel chair accessible. If you have a member with ambulatory challenges, please call us (619.255.6170) to go over it.
- Children under 10 are not recommended. If you have a child under 10, please call us (619.255.6170) to make sure this is a good fit.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Our Haunted Guided Tour is small and intimate. We have only 14 seats available per tour. As such we require at least 8 people/ghost hunter in our to run. If for some reason it looks like the tour will not go (this is rare but does occasionally happen), we will personally call you with a tour update 2-3 hours before your tour is set to go. If your tour does not go, again very rare, we will refund you or move you to another date. Feel free to call (619.255.6170) us or email us with any questions or if you just want an update on how many have signed up so far. If we don't pick up immediately we will get back to you shortly.
- Please make sure to be at the plaza 15 minutes before you tour embarks. We operate out of and pick you up from Plaza Guanajuato | 2415 San Diego Ave, San Diego, CA 92110. It is the plaza across the street and down a store front from the Old Town Graveyard (El Campo Santo Graveyard official name). You'll see our purple bus.
- Please make sure to use the bathroom before your tour. You will be going to historic locations which have no bathroom access, and your party definitely should use the bathroom before joining us. Bathrooms can be found in the neighboring restaurants and businesses. There is a public restroom at the back of Cafe Coyote a block away. Just walk to the very back of their plaza.
- If you are driving, please show up early to get parking.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Service animals are allowed provided they are small and do not disturb the other attendees. If you have a larger animal like a German Sheppard you would need to purchase an additional seat and may not be able to enter some of the locations as there are antique and very valuable, fragile historic artifacts in them.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Average 4.20 out of 5 stars based on 5 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
This tour was fantastic. Loved every minute of it. Guide was superb. Bus very comfortable. Would go again. Loved the history lessons that come from these tours.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Diego specialist!
Product code: COOL-90429P1