Brothels, Bites and Booze: A Culinary Tour of San Diego's Questionable Past
The Brothels, Bites and Booze culinary tour of San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter will take you back to a time of scandal and debauchery. Marvel at the antique architecture, learn about the early red light district, and sample flavors at 4 local establishments.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gaslamp Quarter, Fourth Avenue between Broadway and Market Fourth Ave & Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101
Often called the Historic Heart of San Diego, the Gaslamp Quarter is the main dining and entertainment district of the city. With more than 150 bars and restaurants and 94 registered historic buildings, this nightlife playground has a lot to see and do, as well as a fascinating past.
The Brothels, Bites and Booze tour will introduce you to the beginnings of San Diego as a port town – learn why it became one of the more notorious red light districts of its time, and find out how this once-undesired neighborhood became a fun and vibrant nightlife destination for both locals and visitors.
After meeting your guide, you’ll embark on a journey of scandalous tales, unique cocktails and local cuisine. On the tour, you’ll make new friends, hear interesting stories, sing karaoke and explore new tastes at local restaurants*.
*Restaurants are not guaranteed and are subject to availability. Tours may include stops at Meze Greek Fusion, Patron's Corner, Ciro's Pizzeria, The Field, El Pulpo, Le Parfait and CrunchTime
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 209 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
- Food tasting
- Drink samples
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- There is a minimum of 4 passengers to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Average 4.33 out of 5 stars based on 108 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Our guide, Stephan. was entertaining, knowledgeable, and friendly. The restaurants and bars we visited were varied and the food and drinks were great. I would definitely recommend this fun tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Diego specialist!
Product code: COOL-5356BBB
Similar Tours & Activities