San Diego City Lights Night Tour
Take in romantic city lights views of San Diego’s famous sights including the Gaslamp Quarter and the spectacular Coronado Bridge on this night-time tour!
- Catch the night side of San Diego’s most famous sights as they light up in the evening.
- Enjoy romantic city views while touring many notable landmarks with comfort and ease
- Start off in the Historic Gaslamp Quarter and see Balboa Park, the Coronado Bridge, the Embarcadero, & more.
- Complete your tour with panoramic city views from Top of the Hyatt and enjoy 50% off all wines at the top of the West Coast’s tallest waterfront hotel. (Restrictions apply.)
Spend an unforgettable evening in and around San Diego’s classic city center when you catch a vintage trolley for a San Diego City Lights Night Tour. This tour is a great way to get a feel for San Diego’s night side while you relax in comfort with no worries about finding your way through traffic.
Take in some of the city’s most notable sights in a romantic nighttime setting with descriptive narration from an expert guide. Experience San Diego from a completely different viewpoint and feel the timeless beat of this historic harbor-front city quicken as the nightlife begins. It’s a lot of fun, and a trolley tour is excellent for scouting out Gaslamp Quarter restaurants and night spots to visit later.
Start your San Diego City Lights Night Tour with a visit to the Historic Gaslamp Quarter, a premier West Coast entertainment district and the centuries-old site of fun and frolic for sea-weary sailors. Bright lights, busy night scenes, and Victorian architecture are what make this popular district of restaurants, bars, and night spots memorable.
Continue on to the 1,200 acre Balboa Park, America’s largest urban cultural park and site of the world-famous San Diego Zoo. Spectacular lighting transforms the park into a nighttime panorama with stunning historical buildings, glowing statues, and sparking fountains creating a magical scene.
Ride onward from Balboa Park over the high-arching crest of spectacular Coronado Bridge, where you can take in amazing harbor and downtown views, look out to the Pacific Ocean horizon, and even see the glowing lights of Tijuana, Mexico to the south. After crossing the bridge to Coronado Island, a 20-minute break at the Coronado Ferry Landing shopping mall offers a great chance for photos with the sparkling San Diego skyline as a backdrop across the bay.
Cross back over the Coronado Bridge to cruise along the Embarcadero, San Diego’s scenic harbor-front district. Maritime attractions abound and include the historic Beaux-Arts/Spanish Revival-style San Diego County Administration Center building, the Star of India 1863 iron-hulled clipper ship, the USS Midway Museum, and US Navy aircraft carriers at anchor across the bay.
Complete an exhilarating evening by heading to the Top of the Hyatt. You can take in awesome views of the city from floor-to-ceiling windows at the top of the West Coast’s tallest waterfront hotel, and your tour ticket is good for a 50% discount on wines.
Make your San Diego visit unforgettable with Cool Destinations – See the city in a different light with a night-time tour of this historic and beautiful port city. Book your San Diego City Lights Night Tour now!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time.
- Convention Center
- The Historic Gaslamp Quarter
- Balboa Park
- Top of the Coronado Bridge to take in the lights coming from Tijuana, Mexico
- 15-minute stop at Coronado’s Ferry Landing for a view of the city skyline, the perfect photo opportunity
- Little Italy
- The Historic County Administration Building
- Maritime Museum’s Star of India Tall Sailing Ship, the world’s oldest active sailing ship
- Embarcadero’s bayfront views
- 5-minute stop at the USS Midway
- The Headquarters at Seaport Village
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.