San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Sites Tour
This small-group tour is the perfect way to see the missions and learn about the founding of San Antonio with its rich history and culture. Experience Spanish History, the Coahuiltecans, and the early southwest. Learn about the significance of San Antonio, San Pedro Springs, and the groups that came together to set the stage for the founding of the Presidio - San Antonio. Your experience starts downtown, see: the original La Villita; Main Plaza, San Fernando Cathedral, and Plaza de Armas. Travel along the San Antonio River to visit all the missions with stops at Concepcion, San Jose, San Juan, Espada, and the Espada Aqueduct. Tour ends at Mission San Antonio de Valero, famously known as the Alamo, or guest's hotel. Guaranteed departures twice a day, with no minimum guest requirements.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Villita Historic Arts Village, 418 Villita St, San Antonio, TX 78205-2908
The tour will start here at La Villita Historic Arts Village
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mission Concepcion, 807 Mission Rd, San Antonio, TX 78210-4528
View the original fresecos; explore the grounds; listen to the history of Mission Concepcion
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Mission San Jose, 6701 San Jose Dr, San Antonio, TX 78214-2715
Learn about mission life and the nomadic hunters and gathers; explore the church and grounds; see one of the finest examples of baroque architecture; view an award-winning film
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mission San Juan, 9101 Graf Rd, San Antonio, TX 78214-3625
Learn about irrigation and agriculture at Mission San Juan
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Espada Aqueduct, Espada Rd East of US 281, Near Mission de la Espada, San Antonio, TX
See the irrigation system used to water the mission lands
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Mission Espada, 10040 Espada Rd, San Antonio, TX 78214-3815
Explore the church and grounds
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Alamo Plaza, San Antonio, TX
Listen to the founding of Mission San Antonio de Valero and learn about the Battle of the Alamo.
A note about the Alamo: The last stop on our Missions Tour is either your downtown hotel or the Alamo (your choice). The Alamo exclusively utilizes their own tour guides or you can take a self-guided tour of the Alamo. A tour of the Alamo is not included in our Missions Tour.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off at select downtown hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.82 out of 5 stars based on 57 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities