Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Great Salt Lake Wildlife and Sunset Experience
This tour allows you to experience the vast beauty and quietude of Utah while being close to Downtown Salt Lake City. You get to see wildlife in its natural habitat.
Many people come to Utah to experience the vast deserts, serene beauty and epic landscapes. But few know that you can experience this so close to downtown Salt Lake City. Combine your trip to the Great Salt Lake with what I consider the only way to visit it by experiencing Antelope Island. This little known island is teaming with wildlife, and you can't get the quiet of wilderness by simply visiting it near I-80. We will spot for the wild herd of 600 American Bison roaming the island. Amongst the Bison we'll watch for coyote, bobcat, antelope, porcupine, big-horn sheep, mule deer and if the season is right up to 200,000 migratory birds. You can truly experience Nature in its finest form on this beautiful island. After wildlife spotting, we'll hike to Buffalo Point on the Island to watch the sunset and take in the breathtaking views.
The Hike is .9 miles round trip. It has a couple steep parts on dirt, but it's very well traveled. I would designate this as a moderate hiking difficulty, which is less than a mile.
The Tour Vehicle is a 10 Passenger Ford Transit Passenger Van with a High Roof and really great large windows in the back for viewing.
There is bathroom availability
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 04:30 PM
- Private transportation
- Use of Binoculars
- All Fees and Taxes
- Drop off at the airport will be an extra $15 charge.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 27 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Salt Lake City specialist!
Product code: C-336121P2
Similar Tours & Activities
Pick Your Park: Private Day Tour From Salt Lake City
Private Day Tour Salt Lake City Nature & Waterfalls
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Salt Lake City Guided Bus Tour
Tabernacle Choir Performance + Salt Lake City Bus Tour