Privateer Schooner Sailing Tour in Salem Sound
FAME is the #1-rated boat in Salem and the #1-rated outdoor activity in the entire town, per TripAdvisor. Don't miss the very best of what Salem has to offer! There's more to our town than witches!
FAME is a full-scale replica of a privateer schooner from the War of 1812 that captured over 20 ships! We sail up to five times a day between May and October from Pickering Wharf Marina in downtown Salem.
On board our traditional gaff-rigged schooner, you'll get a chance to raise the sails and even steer the boat as we sail Salem Sound and talk about the fisherman, traders, and privateers that played such a central role in the saga of Salem, of Massachusetts, and of the young United States.
This is a great hands-on adventure for all ages — but you can also just sit back and enjoy a beverage and take it all in as we cruise past the historic forts and lighthouses of Salem, Beverly, and Marblehead.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salem, Salem, Massachusetts
Historic Salem Sound — the waters around Salem, Marblehead, and Beverly, Massachusetts — where pirates, privateers, East Indiamen and men of war have been making history for 400 years.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Restroom on board
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.93 out of 5 stars based on 46 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities