“Rock Junket” Rock n’ Roll Tour NYC
Rockjunket.com invites you to Take a walk on New York's wild side to the sites where famous and infamous musicians played, lived and shopped. Ever wondered where the Ramones, Television and Blondie called home in New York City? Where Led Zeppelin, the Doors, the Animals and the Who would play until the wee hours of the morning? The Original Rock 'n' Roll Walking Tour will help you answer these questions and many more as you stroll the streets of the Big Apple.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: East Village, Between Houston Street, Bowery, & 14th Street, New York City, NY
For East Village Tour meet at the SW Corner of East 9th street and 3rd Avenue 10 minutes before start of tour.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 115 E 9th St, New York, NY 10003, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: 315 Bowery, New York, NY 10003, USA
- 2-hour walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended as there is a moderate amount of walking on this tour
- Wheelchairs and strollers are permitted. Please keep in mind that the area can be congested with traffic, so smaller strollers are recommended, if possible
- Tour is run rain or shine. In the unlikely event that the tour is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule your tour
- Please advise phone number upon booking in the event of changes to the tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- EAST VILLAGE TOUR meets at the SW CORNER of East 9th Street and 3rd Avenue
- GREENWICH VILLAGE TOUR meets Arch at Washington Sq. Park (5th Ave & Waverly)
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Average 4.67 out of 5 stars based on 90 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
My boyfriend is a huge music fan and this was the perfect birthday present! The tour guide, Bobby Pin, is so knowledgeable and presents his extensive facts and information in such a fun way! As a native New Yorker, it was such an amazing experience in my own backyard! Highly, highly recommend!
We were a group of four men of a certain age on vacation from Edinburgh. We all have an interest in the music of the era and all greatly enjoyed this very informative tour. A wealth of stories, well told and supported with contemporary memorabilia. Highly recommended. And buy the book!
This was a really great tour by a cool guide who really knew his music. Thoroughly recommended.
Absolutely brilliant! Highlight of our NYC trip. This tour was informative, entertaining and a really nice walk through the East Village and through time. A must if you are a music fan and particularly a fan of 70s NY punk. The tour guide was easy to find and a really nice guy. Very knowledgeable. I'd be happy to recommend it to anyone.
Highly recommend this tour. Bobby Pinn was our guide and he was exceptional. You can see the various sights on your own, but with Bobby as the guide you get the historical perspective and great stories also recommend purchasing Bobby's book which is for sale at the end of the tour. This tour covers it all, Rock, Jazz, Glam and Punk. East Village is also a great place to hang out after the tour. A great overall experience.
Larry, our guide, was so knowledgable. He gave an in depth music tour, he is a great source of information. Another added benefit of the tour is that you really get to know an area of New York city that is beautiful. I saw streets I would have never seen on my own. Great time!!!!
A fun and informative way to see many of New York's rock n roll landmarks that are hiding in plain sight. Especially enjoyed seeing the old Fillmore East as well as the building used for Physical Graffiti and Waiting on a Friend.
Highly recommend the Rock 'n' Roll walking tour,of the East Village,Bobby Pinn was very knowledgable taking us to some iconic sites with some great stories.
Fantastic! Many thanks to Larry who really brought the Village to life and gave the three of us an unforgettable experience. Fans of Bob Dylan in particular will enjoy this tour as Larry's knowledge is encyclopedic and he is a gifted raconteur as you weave through the streets of Greenwich. Standing right where the cover photo for Freewheeling was shot will stay with me for a long time!
If you have a couple of hours to spend on a Sunday morning and you enjoy the music of the 60s this is a tour you should certainly consider. Recommended!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3698RJ
Similar Tours & Activities