Private Pedicab Tour of Downtown Raleigh
Your pedicab tour of downtown Raleigh usually takes about 90 minutes (minimum). (PLEASE NOTE!: I have only one pedicab, so please do not double-book for your family or group.) The tour can be customized to your interest. Learn about the history and sights of the area. Where you stop and for how long is determined by you in consultation with your guide/driver. The pedicab is designed with the passengers seated in front of the driver for an unobstructed view. The average tour covers a distance of 5-6 miles. (ATTENTION: The seat is 39 inches wide. You can book for 2 adults but have a 3rd passenger, IF it is a child and you CAN all fit comfortably!)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mordecai Historic Park, 1 Mimosa St, Raleigh, NC 27604-1203
We'll start the tour at Mordecai Historic Park located on the last 3 acres of the former Mordecai Plantation. The Mordecai house is Raleigh's oldest house on its original foundation. Numerous buildings dating from the late 1700s and 1800s are here, including President Andrew Johnson's birthplace. You can walk the grounds of the park for free.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Executive Mansion, 200 N Blount St, Raleigh, NC 27601-1073
From Mordecai Historic park we'll cruise along beautiful Blount street and some of Raleigh's finest old homes to the Executive Mansion (home of the governor of North Carolina).
Stop At: City Cemetery of Raleigh, 17 S East St, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
From the Executive Mansion we'll cut through part of the Historic Oakwood neighborhood on the way to City Cemetery, Raleigh's oldest cemetery (established 1798).
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Moore Square, 226 E Martin St, Raleigh, NC 27601
We'll check out the recently renovated Moore Square.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Shaw University, 118 E South St, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
Learn about Shaw University, one of the oldest HBCU's in the Southeast founded months after the end of the Civil War and later known for its role during the height of the Civil Rights Era.
Pass By: Videri Chocolate Factory, 327 W Davie St, Raleigh, NC 27601-1702
If you want to buy locally made chocolate, you can stop in here.
Pass By: Raleigh Union Station, 510 W Martin St, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
Raleigh Union Station, train station with event space, optional stop if an event is being staged there at the time of the tour.
Pass By: Father and Son Antiques, 302 S West St, Raleigh, NC 27603-1838
Vintage clothing and antique store (optional quick look-see)
Pass By: Nash Square, 200 S McDowell St, Raleigh, NC 27601-1332
One of "The City of Oaks" five original squares
Stop At: North Carolina State Capitol, 1 E Edenton St, Raleigh, NC 27601-1011
We'll make a stop on the State Capitol grounds to learn about its history and some of the monuments there. We'll also hear stories about Raleigh's native son and future President, Andrew Johnson, born nearby. After a loop around the State Capitol grounds, we'll cruise up Person St. passing by Historic Oakwood neighborhood to return to our starting point of Mordecai Historic Park.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 80 to 90 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Optional stops can be made for one of 5 C's: Coffee, Chocolate, Cocktails, Craft Beers or Ice Cream.
- Parking Fees
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- The pedicab typically seats 2 adults or 2 adults and a small child with no additional fee.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Your driver is fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus and willing to mask up upon request.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 4 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities