Best of Philadelphia Food Tour - Small Group Walking Tour
You'll eat your way through Philadelphia's greatest foods on this filling tour! Go inside the iconic Reading Terminal Market, where Philly classics like fresh soft pretzels and scrapple can be paired with international tastes like Italian cannolis. You'll savor the one and only Philly cheesesteak - a local favorite that has inspired imitators around the world. Then, we'll head to trendy Sansom Street and discover Philly food innovations like creamy vegan shakes, locally-sourced mushroom pizza, and lick-the-bowl-clean New World hummus made from Old World recipes. You'll also get a chance to sip on Fair Trade coffee at a fast-growing local start-up; one of many examples of Philly's social consciousness and move towards environmental sustainability. If you want the best of Philly's foodie scene - this is the tour for you!
Stop At: City Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Meet your guide and hear about the exciting and delicious tour you’re about to enjoy. Learn about Philadelphia’s historic City Hall building and get an introduction to the City of Brotherly Love.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Reading Terminal Market, 12th and Arch, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Led by your guide, you will eat your way through one of America’s oldest and largest daily indoor markets. Tap into the diverse cultural influence on Philly’s food scene by sampling the iconic Philly Cheesesteak, a Pennsylvania German handmade soft pretzel, Southern-inspired mac-n-cheese, Jewish-style pastrami on rye, or an Italian cannoli.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Center City, Center City, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Discover the innovative side of the Philly food scene, with a stop at a local coffee shop that prides itself on fair trade and environmental sustainability, a neighborhood eatery known for applying old-World recipes to innovative dishes, or a delicious, out-of-the-box beverage.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sansom Street, Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA, USA
One of the newer foodie hotspots of the city, here, you’ll taste delicious food featuring locally-sourced ingredients.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 02:00 PM
- Return Details:
Center City, Center City, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- A variety of food samples that will equal a full meal.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs or personal shopping
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Specialized infant seats are available
- Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
- All areas and surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 4.85 out of 5 stars based on 193 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought