Best of Philadelphia Food Tour - Small Group Walking Tour
You'll eat your way through Philadelphia's greatest foods on this filling tour! Go inside the iconic Reading Terminal Market, where Philly classics like fresh soft pretzels and scrapple can be paired with international tastes like Italian cannolis. You'll savor the one and only Philly cheesesteak - a local favorite that has inspired imitators around the world. Then, we'll head to trendy Sansom Street and discover Philly food innovations like creamy vegan shakes, locally-sourced mushroom pizza, and lick-the-bowl-clean New World hummus made from Old World recipes. You'll also get a chance to sip on Fair Trade coffee at a fast-growing local start-up; one of many examples of Philly's social consciousness and move towards environmental sustainability. If you want the best of Philly's foodie scene - this is the tour for you!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Meet your guide and hear about the exciting and delicious tour you’re about to enjoy. Learn about Philadelphia’s historic City Hall building and get an introduction to the City of Brotherly Love.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Reading Terminal Market, 12th and Arch, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Led by your guide, you will eat your way through one of America’s oldest and largest daily indoor markets. Tap into the diverse cultural influence on Philly’s food scene by sampling the iconic Philly Cheesesteak, a Pennsylvania German handmade soft pretzel, Southern-inspired mac-n-cheese, Jewish-style pastrami on rye, or an Italian cannoli.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Center City, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Discover the innovative side of the Philly food scene, with a stop at a local coffee shop that prides itself on fair trade and environmental sustainability, a neighborhood eatery known for applying old-World recipes to innovative dishes, or a delicious, out-of-the-box beverage.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sansom Street, Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA, USA
One of the newer foodie hotspots of the city, here, you’ll taste delicious food featuring locally-sourced ingredients.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 2:00 PM
- Return Details: Center City, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Lunch - A variety of food samples that will equal a full meal.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs or personal shopping
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- Our organization has created a comprehensive strategy to ensure the safety of our guests, guides, partners, vendors, and the wider local community. All staff members are trained in these new safety procedures and we will continue to follow local government guidance.
Average 4.83 out of 5 stars based on 23 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities