Mountain Sunrise Hike and Meditation in Palm Springs
A sunrise meditation hike along the San Jacinto Mountains steps from Palm Springs to a resting spot with dramatic views of the Coachella Valley. You'll watch the sun rise over Indian Canyons and come together in guided meditation setting a grounded intention for the day.
We'll greet each other at the South Lykken trailhead. As we hike the trail about a mile to our meditation spot, we'll listen to the natural beauty of Oswitz Canyon. I'll lead you through a grounding meditation to help you set your intention for the day, acknowledging your connection to the Earth and the universe.
Guests will walk away with stunning photos. Feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, you'll have a grounded connection to the environment, a clear mind, and an open heart. We will hear the sounds of the earth. We will see the colors of the planet. We will breathe the essence of being. We will see the universe in motion. The morning sun will expose our shadows. If the stars agree, we will see big horn sheep.
There is a 750-foot elevation gain over one mile, with a trail grade of 25% to 35% in some locations. You will walk no more than a mile to our meditation spot, and the total hike will be no more than 3 miles.
While the trail is considered “moderate” in difficulty and distance, someone who is relatively physically fit might find the trail “moderately challenging” at some points.
• South Lykken Trail, El Estero, Palm Springs, Greater Palm Springs, CA
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Open spirit
- Trail guide
- All the information needed to guide you through a meditation
- Bottled water - Please bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated.
- For the guided meditation, we’ll be sitting on rock. If hard surfaces bother you, you might want to bring a blanket or towel to sit on.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- This activity is outdoors, and the guide has been fully vaccinated.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities