Saint Augustine Day Trip from Orlando
Enjoy a day in America's oldest town, Saint Augustine.
On this day trip from Orlando, head northeast to the picturesque Atlantic-coast town, where you can wander the cobbled streets and enjoy a meal in one of the many promenade cafes.
St Augustine is a unique city filled with colonial Spanish neighborhoods, magnificent buildings and a wonderful, old-time charm. As the oldest continuously occupied European-established settlement in the USA it has lots of history from the British, the French, The Spanish and Portuguese as well as lots of Native American history. From the Castillo de San Marco, to the Fountain of Youth there is something for everyone.
Upgrade to add a scenic cruise or trolley tour to your visit.
If you select the option including the Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley than you can have a guided tour throughout the historic old town, and jump on an off as you wish.
The scenic boat tour option is a 1-hour boat ride with views from the waterways of the Bay of Matanzas!
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old St. Augustine Village, 246 Saint George St, St. Augustine, FL 32084-4434
The Historic District in St. Augustine is the heart of the city. This is where guests will find a majority of the city's restaurants, shopping, hotels, and attractions. The Historic District is the oldest part of the city with many buildings dating back to the 1700s. Even the streets are laid out as they would have been centuries ago, and are more walkable than a lot of cities visitors are used to seeing in America. Along with being a beautiful area for finding things to do like shopping, visiting museums, and dining, the Historic District is also home to the beautiful bayfront with lovely panoramic views of the Matanzasa Bay.
The top rated attractions in the area are centered around the Historic District and reflect the importance of history in shaping St. Augustine into what it is today. For example, the Colonial Quarter is a living history museum with costumed reenactors and interactive experienes. The Castillo and the Fountain of Youth both have weapons demonstrations so guests can expect to hear the sound of canon and musket fire around the Historic District.
Another defining feature of the Historic District is the architecture. The design on building facades represents the height of Spanish Colonial and Spanish Renaissance Revival architecture. The area of town showcases everything from early European design, Florida bungalow style houses, and Gilded Age extravegance. Being the nation's oldest city, the Historic District of St. Augustine represents all that history has built here since 1565.
Duration: 6 hours
Pass By: Oldest Wooden School House, 14 Saint George St, St. Augustine, FL 32084-3667
The Oldest Wooden School House is located at the entrance to St. George Street. During your free time be sure to stroll past it and down this cobble stoned street where there is great souvenir shopping and some great restaurents .
Stop At: Fort Matanzas National Monument, 8635 A1a S, St. Augustine, FL 32080-8411
Upgrade your tour and enjoy a one-hour-and-15-minute cruise aboard the Victory III through Matanzas Bay. Narrated by your captain, this boat tour provides an incomparable way to view St Augustine’s historical landmarks and natural sites of interest.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Historic Tours Of Am.., 108 Sea Grove Main St, St Augustine Beach, FL 32080, USA
Should you purchase the option to choose to take a 90-minute hop-on hop-off trolley tour for an easy way to get around the city and see the sights you want to see.
You can get on and off as much as you’d like, or simply sit back and ride the entire loop. The local conductors make the tour even more entertaining by providing history and humor.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 07:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Pick up and drop off at a meeting point (Orlando, Kissimmee, Disney Lake Buena Vista & Universal)
- Boat cruise (if option selected at time of booking)
- Trolley tour (if option selected at time of booking)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Fort Matanzas National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Historic Tours Of Am..
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- We follow all local government COVID guidelines. If Orange County sets a mask mandate, this will be actioned. When no mandates are in place, the decision to mask or not will be at the discretion of the guest if vaccinated. We request all unvaccinated guests please when masks onboard tour vehicles.
Average 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 83 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities