Kennedy Space Center: Chat with an Astronaut with Transport from Orlando
Explore the universe at Kennedy Space Center on this day trip from Orlando. Enjoy unlimited access to many Visitor Complex exhibits such as IMAX films, Rocket Garden and Apollo/Saturn V Center, as well as the fantastic Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit. Your experience will also include a 45-Minute Chat with an actual Astronaut along with culinary samplings and (1) alcoholic beverage per adult ticket - with a member of NASA's Astronaut Corps – an experience the whole family will enjoy! This tour is likely to sell out weeks in advance, so be sure to book ahead of time.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Space Commerce Way, Merritt Island, FL 32899
After pickup from your selected location, it’s just a 45-minute drive by bus from Orlando to the Kennedy Space Center. When you arrive, embark on a space adventure from the Visitor Complex as you explore the many world-renowned exhibits.
Visit the Rocket Garden to see the Redstone, Atlas and Titan rockets that first put NASA astronauts into space. Or, climb aboard Mercury, Gemini and Apollo capsules – and experience the cramped quarters America's astronaut pioneers endured.
Short of becoming an astronaut, there’s no better way to catch a glimpse of Kennedy Space Center than on a self-guided tour, included with admission. With NASA buses departing every 15 minutes from the Visitor Complex.
Your experience also includes a 45-Minute Chat with a veteran member of NASA's Astronaut Corps along with some culinary samplings and (1) alcoholic beverage per adult ticket – talk with an astronaut and get an authentic autograph!
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, Space Commerce Way Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, FL 32953
In the Apollo/Saturn V Center, relive the wonder and excitement of the Apollo era in this one-of-a-kind exhibit that celebrates the unprecedented achievement of putting a man on the moon and the joy that was realized in that moment around the world. Also, take a bus tour past some of the most iconic NASA landmarks. Meet a veteran NASA astronaut at the Astronaut Encounter Show. Visit the impressive Rocket Garden, featuring the first rocket to break free from gravity, and honor NASA’s fallen heroes at the 'Heroes and Legends' exhibit featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®. Then learn more about what it takes to explore Mars at Journey to Mars: Explorers Wanted.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Space Shuttle Atlantis, Space Commerce Way Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, FL 32953
The journey starts in the Atlantis theater with a close-up view of Space Shuttle Atlantis and more than 60 interactive exhibits. It's a moving celebration of humankind’s greatest achievements. Then in the Shuttle Launch Experience, discover the sights, sounds and feelings of a real Space Shuttle launch. Buckle up and get ready for launch in a one-of-a-kind, custom-designed crew cabin.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Kennedy Space Center Tour of NASA's Launch Headquarters
- Chat with an astronaut
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Snacks - Culinary Samplings during Chat with an Astronaut
- Soda/Pop - Water and Soft-Drinks during Chat with an Astronaut
- Alcoholic Beverages - (1) Alcoholic beverage per Adult Ticket during Chat with an Astronaut
- Entry/Admission - NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Entry/Admission - U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame
- Entry/Admission - Space Shuttle Atlantis
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tickets to view a launch are not included with this tour and must be purchased separately
- Stroller and wheelchair rentals available on site
- No backpacks, large bags, coolers, of food allowed inside the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face coverings are optional. This includes in all facilities, attractions, and when riding on the buses. For guests/crewmembers that are not fully vaccinated, masks are still strongly recommended.
Average 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 86 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
The tour was great. We had an amazing day with very well informed guides. There is so much to see and do we could have spent another day. The lunch with the astronaut was very cool. Mark Lee was very gracious about answering questions and and his presentation about this experiences as an astronaut on the Space Shuttle was very informative.
I would recommend this tour especially for those travelers with kids who might want to become involved in space exploration.
2 small negatives.....the pick-up times from Orlando are not especially accurate and the movie shown on the bus trip back was horrible!..better to sleep if you can.
This was an awesome tour so much to see and do wish the day was longer.
Amazing to see the Space centre up close, really enjoyed the day!!
Mind blowing day at Kennedy. So inspiring, especially lunch with the astronaut
Amazing experience, thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. Buses to and from the Space Center were great, driver was professional.
This was an amazing day, seeing so much and the lunch with the astronaut was truly out of this world. Fred Gregory had some wonderful stories to tell about his time with NASA and the people he met. It was a fantastic day and I learnt so much about the space program.
Great day! Highly recommended.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities