Kennedy Space Center and Everglades Airboat Safari from Orlando
Experience the spills and thrills of space travel plus the wild beauty of the northern Everglades on this fun-filled combo day trip from Orlando! Discover Florida’s swamplands on a thrilling airboat adventure ride before your visit to the Kennedy Space Center, where you’ll have more than six hours to explore multiple exhibits at NASA’s launch headquarters and enjoy a private guided tour of the fantastic Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Twister Airboat Rides, 8199 W King St, Cocoa, FL 32926, USA
Head to the Everglades, about 45 minutes outside of Orlando, and discover the diversity of flora and fauna in Florida’s amazing wetlands. When you arrive at the park, board your airboat for a thrilling 30-minute ride!
As you soar into the miles of protected swamps, marshes and rivers that make up the Central Florida Everglades, your guide will point out native plants, flowers, birds and other wildlife such as the Florida alligators – the Everglades’ most formidable inhabitants.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Space Commerce Way, Merritt Island, FL 32899
Then, take a 20-minute drive by bus to Kennedy Space Center, where you’ll have approximately 6- hours to explore the Visitor Complex. Your visit includes a tour of NASA's launch headquarters, the Shuttle Launch Experience, two IMAX films (IMAX® A Beautiful Planet and Journey To Space 3D), plus a variety of shows and exhibits – including a chance to meet an astronaut at the Astronaut Encounter Show.
See the massive Space Shuttle launch pads at the LC-39 Observation Gantry and walk underneath an impressive Saturn V rocket at the Apollo/Saturn V Center. Here, listen to the deafening thunder of a Saturn V moon rocket lift-off and watch Neil Armstrong's first steps on the moon as if you were there.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Space Shuttle Atlantis, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, FL
Space Shuttle Atlantis Exhibit
Don’t miss the brand-new Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit, showcasing the legendary spacecraft, Atlantis. More than 60 interactive experiences highlight the people, passion and patriotism behind NASA’s program that launched the Hubble Space Telescope and built the International Space Station, plus you can see what it’s like to be a real astronaut! Take the helm at the shuttle cockpit; experience the sensation of floating in space; explore a replica of the ISS; and strap in to the sights, sounds and sensations of a shuttle launch! As a new addition, travelers can experience a private guided tour of the Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit, for no additional charge.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, 6225 Vectorspace Blvd NASA Pkwy, Titusville, FL 32780
In the Apollo/Saturn V Center, relive the wonder and excitement of the Apollo era in this one-of-a-kind exhibit that celebrates the unprecedented achievement of putting a man on the moon and the joy that was realized in that moment around the world. Also, take a bus tour past some of the most iconic NASA landmarks. Meet a veteran NASA astronaut at the Astronaut Encounter Show. Visit the impressive Rocket Garden, featuring the first rocket to break free from gravity, and honor NASA’s fallen heroes at the 'Heroes and Legends' exhibit featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®. Then learn more about what it takes to explore Mars at Journey to Mars: Explorers Wanted. When you’re all spaced out from the Kennedy Space Center, relax with return transport back to Orlando.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, 8113 Resort Village Drive, Orlando, FL 32821, USA
2: WildSide Texas BBQ, 7725 W Irlo Bronson Meml Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA
3: Walt Disney World Swan Resort, 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, USA
4: Firehouse Subs, 12515 FL-535 #515, Orlando, FL 32836, USA
5: Universal Orlando Resort, 6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
6: Rosen Inn International, 7600 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
7: Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando, 9000 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
8: Señor Frog's, 8747 International Dr #103, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
- Duration: 11 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Kennedy Space Center Tour of NASA's Launch Headquarters
- Guided tour of the fantastic Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Airboat ride
- Pickup and drop-off from centralized pick up locations in Orlando
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Twister Airboat Rides
- Entry/Admission - NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Entry/Admission - Space Shuttle Atlantis
- Entry/Admission - U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Strollers and wheelchair rentals are available on site
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you are at a high risk of contracting the disease. All driver/guides will be required to wear masks. Face masks are recommended but not mandatory, so please bring your own if you wish to wear one. The size of the vehicle used will be adjusted based on the number of passengers to allow for social distancing and all safety guide lines regarding vehicle sanitation will be followed.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.40 out of 5 stars based on 198 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
The transportation from our pick up to Everglades and Space Kennedy was fantastic.The driver was so funny, and loved his cheeky comments. Made us all laugh.It was to cold on the morning we did our Everglades Airboat ride, so the Alligators didn't want to come out, but we did get to see a few in the water. The bird life was just beautiful. The boat ride itself was amazing, and our guide passed on so much information.Kennedy Space Center. Out of this world. They were so organised, that even with the amount of people coming through the gates, it didn't feel over crowded because everything was so spread out and there was so much to see and do. We actually got see to SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket launch. Something I will always remember.
First we went to the airboat. Unfortunately we only saw a glimps of 2 alligators but the ride was awesome!After that we went to KSC. That is so impressive!Very nice to see the Saturnus 5 rocket and Atlantis space shuttle.It's really too much to see in one day.Our driver Stuart had worked at KSC and knew a lot. He also had a program for each of us what the best order would be to visit all places. Very nice!
We enjoyed the Everglades airboat Safari but do to lots of rain the water was high and we didn't see as much as we would have liked, lots of birds not many alligators, this was not the tours fault but good old mother nature and rain.
The Kennedy Space Center was great, the bus tour was ok if you are a history buff but I would make sure I did all the rest of the stuff before doing that. We had our 9 year old grandson with us and he was a bit bored but loved the simulator etc. We did several of Cool Destinationss tours and he enjoyed all of them but this was his least favorite. My husband loved all of it. We ran out of time for some of the movies that we would have loved to have seen. Pace yourself so you get to see the important areas that you want.
This was a fantastic trip! From the fun airboat ride with lots of birds and gator viewing to the mesmerizing Kennedy Space Center lots of gator viewing, here, too! It was a great way to start our busy theme park trip. Our Dolphin Tour Co guide, Madeline, was so eager to share her wealth of knowledge about Orlando's history, flora and fauna. Kennedy Space Center is a must see for everyone. They have created an interactive experience mixed with media and live presentations that opens the world of space travel up for people of all ages. Be prepared for about an hour bus/van ride from/to Orlando.
This was the best trip especially the lunch with an astronaut very good
Memorable experience and everything was great!
Excellent tour with Jason our driver who were just so friendly, helpful and informative, even lending me his warm jacket to wear on the Everglades Airboat trip which I really appreciated as it was such a very cold morning that day and I do recommend that you take a jacket with you on this tour, but my husband and I did thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Everglades and we even managed to spot a few small alligators basking on some rocks close to the waters edge with various species of large wading birds hovering overhead which were just awesome to see and you could not wish for a more friendly crew and then onto the tour at Kennedy Space Centre which is not to be missed by anyone and was truly out of this world to see! excuse the pun and Highly Recommend both these tours.
A great day trip. The Airboat Safari was interesting and fun. Kennedy Space Center was amazing. Enough time was allowed for the visit. Bus transfers were good.
Really enjoyed my experience. The tour out was good. I am glad I took the opportunity to do an airboat ride and even saw alligators. Kennedy was incredible. I've always dreamed of visiting and it was everything I'd hoped. I spent all my time at the Apollo/Saturn V centre and the Atlantis exhibit.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-2855KSCAIR
Similar Tours & Activities