Ole Bones Colonial Park Walking Tour
Colonial Park is a 269 year old burial ground located in the heart of historic downtown Savannah, Ga. Mr Bones will guide you through this historic graveyard, explaining the history of the cemetery and how it has changed over the years.
Note that this is not a ghost tour! It is a carefully researched historic tour that focuses on Savannah during the American Revolution. Please be respectful of the dead when choosing to take this tour.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colonial Park Cemetery, 200 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401
We’ll discuss the cemetery’s 260 year history from its founding to modern day. I’ll show you the wall of orphan tombstones, pointing out monuments and inscriptions and explaining their significance. Participants will be briefed on the Code Duello and will hear the story of a few of Savannah’s duelists. We’ll discuss family vaults, famous burials, lost bodies, the strangers burial ground, and remark on the morality of building a city atop the dead.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 201 E Oglethorpe Ave, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Seasonal Gifts
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-124276P1
Similar Tours & Activities