Neon District Contemporary Art Walking Tour
Enjoy a unique pedestrian experience of art, culture, and community.
Hear brief, artist-approved, narratives relevant to 26 artworks.
Hear brief, artist-approved, narratives relevant to 26 artworks and their creators. We begin outside the Chrysler Museum's main entrance on our 2-hour, 2-mile stroll through the streets and hidden conduits of the Neon District.
Mike will be your guide: Having hosted over 900 tours and hikes in and around my hometown of Norfolk, I've spent seven years exploring and sharing. Each artist has a story and each piece a spirit. The artists with works featured on our tour were provided with the narrative related to their work. Some responded with valuable feedback and others a kind nod. So what we will convey about the art is synced with the creator's visions and is genuine.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chrysler Museum of Art, 1 Memorial Pl, Norfolk, VA 23510-1540
Outside the glass studio is the first and perhaps most sophisticated work on our tour, Collective Connectivity. Hear of the origins, symbolism, and the artist who created this piece.
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: Neon District, Norfolk, VA
We walk an insightful route through the NEON District viewing and hearing brief narratives on 26 works and their creators. The route is 2 miles in 2 hours with frequent stops.
Every artist has a story and each piece a spirit.
Here are a few of the works we will cover:
Upper Blush- Matthew Geller
Ancient Freedom- Cedric Douglass
We can create what we imagine- Julia Rogers & Estaban Del Valle
OXOXO- Jacob Eveland
The Dance- Amelia Blair-Langford
Reach- Heather Bryant
Hense Mural- Hense
New Energy of Norfolk- Clay McGlamory & Richard Nickel
NFK-ARTS- Elliot Oddesso
Norfolk Nautical- Chris Soria and Misha Tyutyunik
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 02:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Certified Guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- I am Mike, your guide. I have been inoculated for Covid with two Phizer shots more than two weeks ago.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Norfolk specialist!
Product code: C-266392P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Adventurous Scavenger Hunt in Newport News by Zombie Scavengers
Adventurous Scavenger Hunt in Norfolk by Operation City Quest
Norfolk City Scavenger Hunt Excursion by Wacky Walks
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Electric Bike Rental Downtown Norfolk (self guided tour)
Skip the Line: Virginia Living Museum Admission Ticket