Enjoy a unique pedestrian experience of art, culture, and community.
Hear brief, artist-approved, narratives relevant to 26 artworks.
Hear brief, artist-approved, narratives relevant to 26 artworks and their creators. We begin outside the Chrysler Museum's main entrance on our 2-hour, 2-mile stroll through the streets and hidden conduits of the Neon District.
Mike will be your guide: Having hosted over 900 tours and hikes in and around my hometown of Norfolk, I've spent seven years exploring and sharing. Each artist has a story and each piece a spirit. The artists with works featured on our tour were provided with the narrative related to their work. Some responded with valuable feedback and others a kind nod. So what we will convey about the art is synced with the creator's visions and is genuine.
Stop At: Chrysler Museum of Art, 1 Memorial Pl, Norfolk, Virginia 23510
Outside the glass studio is the first and perhaps most sophisticated work on our tour, Collective Connectivity. Hear of the origins, symbolism, and the artist who created this piece.
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: Neon District, Norfolk, Virginia
We walk an insightful route through the NEON District viewing and hearing brief narratives on 26 works and their creators. The route is 2 miles in 2 hours with frequent stops.
Every artist has a story and each piece a spirit.
Here are a few of the works we will cover:
Upper Blush- Matthew Geller
Ancient Freedom- Cedric Douglass
We can create what we imagine- Julia Rogers & Estaban Del Valle
OXOXO- Jacob Eveland
The Dance- Amelia Blair-Langford
Reach- Heather Bryant
Hense Mural- Hense
New Energy of Norfolk- Clay McGlamory & Richard Nickel
NFK-ARTS- Elliot Oddesso
Norfolk Nautical- Chris Soria and Misha Tyutyunik
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 02:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Certified Guide
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 3.50 out of 5 stars based on 2 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought