Ocean Drive Historic District: A Newport Self-Guided Driving Tour
Are you looking for a discrete way to see Newport’s local secrets? Explore at your own pace with this affordable driving tour.
• Hear the rowdy Newport history of America’s famous and infamous on a mansion-packed drive from America’s Cup avenue past Fort Adams and the Cliff Walk houses of owners like Jay Leno
• Hear from producer Erin Egresitz, a professional tour guide with ten years of experience and, the owner of Rhody Rambles
• Take 45 minutes or linger along the way with complete control over when you start and finish
• Get unlimited use before and after your booking date
• Use the virtual tour option at home
Once you’ve booked, you’ll receive a ticket with instructions and a unique code listed under “Before You Go”. Then simply install the VoiceMap app and enter your code.
The app displays directions to the starting point. When you, and your car, are in the right place, just tap start. VoiceMap has automatic GPS playback, with turn-by-turn directions. It also works offline.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: America's Cup Avenue, America's Cup Ave, Newport, RI 02840, USA
This self-guided audio tour takes you down America's Cup Avenue, you'll hear about the area's lively shipping history.
Pass By: Whitehorne House Museum, 416 Thames St, Newport, RI 02840, USA
The tour passes by the Whitehorne House Museum. You'll hear about the museum while you drive.
Pass By: King Park Beach, Wellington Ave., Newport, RI 02840
While driving past King Park, you'll hear about the monument to General Rochambeau.
Pass By: Hammersmith Farm, 225 Harrison Ave, Newport, RI 02840-3784
You'll go through the Fort Adams entrance and see the venue for JFK's wedding reception.
Pass By: 80 Fort Adams Drive Fort Adams State Park Visitor Center, Newport, RI 02840-4388
While passing Fort Adams, Newport's best festival venue, you'll hear about Eisenhower's summer residency house when he was president.
Pass By: Brenton Point State Park, Ocean Drive, Newport, RI 02840
The tour takes you past Brenton Point State Park. You'll hear about the park while you drive.
Pass By: Portugese Discovery Monument, Ocean Avenue, Newport, RI 02840
While passing the Monument to Portuguese Discover, you'll hear about it's design and the history of the land it stands upon.
Pass By: Rough Point, Newport, RI 02840, USA
The tour passes by Rough Point, you'll hear about the magnificent mansion while you drive.
Pass By: Belcourt of Newport, 657 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840-4280
The tour passes by Belcourt of Newport. You'll hear about the mansion while you drive.
Pass By: Marble House, 596 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840-4265
The tour passes by the historic Marble House. You'll hear about the home while you drive.
Pass By: Rosecliff, 584 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840-4265
The tour pass by Rosecliff, another of Newport's glorious mansions.
Pass By: The Breakers, 44 Ochre Point Ave, Newport, RI 02840-6906
Drive past or stop by as I tell you about Newport's largest house, with a square-footage that has to be measured in acres rather than feet.
Pass By: Ochre Court, Newport, RI
The tour passes by Ochre Court. You'll hear about the court while you drive.
Pass By: The Preservation Society of Newport County, 424 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840-6924
While passing by, you'll hear about the house that is the headquarters for the Newport Preservation society, which operates ten homes for public visitation.
Pass By: The Elms, 367 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840-6915
The tour pass by The Elms. You'll hear about The Elms while you drive.
Pass By: Kingscote, 253 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840-3571
The tour passes by Kingscote. You'll hear about it while you drive.
Pass By: Ocean Drive Historic District, Newport, RI 02840, USA
Most of the tour takes place in Ocean Drive Historic Distric. You'll hear about the gorgeous architecture that populates the area.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 45 to 75 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.6/30/2022 - 9/25/2023
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
- Return Details: 232 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840, USA
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap app for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitiser with them to ensure their own protection and the protection of others.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities