Newport Beach Whale and Dolphin Watching Cruise
View many varieties of whales which include the giant blue whale which is over 90 feet in length, humpback whales, gray whales, finback whales whales, several types of dolphin, seals, and other neat marine life. Just outside of Newport Bay is the beginning of one of the largest marine protected areas in southern California created to protect this rich ecosystem for future generations. The protected marine sanctuary covers over 15 miles and provides a haven for all marine creatures including whales and dolphin. With such amazing habitat for mammals so close to Newport Bay, whale watching cruises of 2-2.5 hours is all that is needed for viewing these giants. Newport Landing offers multiple whale watching cruises daily and with a 96% success rate viewing whales and/or dolphins, almost every trip will have viewing opportunities.
*New is a brand new double decker whale watching catamaran with bow seating, upper and lower deck 360 views, and much more.
- Family friendly
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Select from several whale watching cruise times daily and year-round. Our whale watching & dolphin cruises view giant blue whales, finback whales, gray whales, humpback whales, minke whales, several species of dolphin and more.
• Newport Beach, CA 92660-3267
• Newport Beach, CA 92660-3267
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 309 Palm St, Newport Beach, CA 92661, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Landing and facility fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 144 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All of our vessels passenger capacities have been decreased by almost 50% to ensure adequate space between guests and their groups.
Average 4.58 out of 5 stars based on 45 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
The cruise was enjoyable, the staff was very knowledgeable and the boat was comfortable. Although we did not see any whales, we did see dolphins and sea lions. Overall, a very pleasant experience.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Newport Beach specialist!
Product code: COOL-43063P1
Similar Tours & Activities