Philadelphia and Amish Country Day Trip from New York City
Explore the countryside outside New York on a day trip to Philadelphia and Lancaster County, home of the Amish people. You'll drive through the beautiful Pennsylvania countryside, tour Philadelphia and its famous Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, and take an ride in an authentic Amish buggy.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Liberty Bell Center, 6th Street Between Market and Chestnut Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Depart New York through New Jersey and Pennsylvania for the "City of Brotherly Love"—Philadelphia.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Congress Hall, 6th & Chestnut Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Arriving in the historical center of Philadelphia, visit the famous Liberty Bell, one of the symbols of freedom in America, as well as Constitution Square and Congress Hall.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Elfreth's Alley, 126 Elfreths Aly, Philadelphia, PA 19106-2006
Stroll Elfreth’s Alley, the oldest continuously inhabited street in America.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rocky Statue, 2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy Center City Phila, Philadelphia, PA 19130-2302
Continue on a panoramic tour of Philadelphia that includes the Financial District, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Historic Philadelphia, and more. Departing the city, you'll see the famous “Rocky Steps,” before continuing east to Lancaster County, the traditional home of the Amish people.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Amish Country, PA 17505
Start your time in Amish country with a ride on an authentic Amish horse-drawn buggy that you through Amish farm country. Learn how this traditional community lives without the benefit of modern technology: no electricity, running water, telephone services, or appliances. After the ride, visit the marketplace where you can shop for handmade arts crafts and products. In the late afternoon depart east for your evening arrival back in NYC.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 11 to 13 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Sightseeing in Philadelphia and Amish Country
- Authentic Amish buggy ride by Amish farmland
- Wi-Fi on bus only
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair transportation must be requested in advance
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Average 4.05 out of 5 stars based on 427 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Very enjoyable trip even if I was a bit jet lagged during the excursions. Brian Montgomery the guide was very friendly and knowledgeable about all the places and especially the Independence period. The only minor gripe is that I initially went to the location at Empire Vacations early only to see a sign saying that they had moved back to Gray Line departure terminal, and then when I double checked with a Gray Line member he informed me that I should have waited at the Empire Vacations terminal. I rushed back to the Empire Vacation terminal to find the tour group leaving on foot to where the bus departed. I had made it just on time! Clearer signage might be appropriate. Also I found the Amish experience a bit gimmicky, perhaps an invitation inside a farm house or mock farm house would be a possible idea. I didn't think the "village style" shopping mall was anything unique. But big thanks to Brian, thanks for an enjoyable day. Cheers
Very well organised trip. Be well in advance at the meeting point. Did not expect to visit so many places in this one day trip in Philadelphia. Amish country was also interesting. Do buy the lime juice prepared by the Amish. Guide Stephano was very knowledgeable.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call us to speak with a Cool New York City specialist!
Product code: C-3857PHI
Similar Tours & Activities