St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 Guided Tour
Immerse yourself in history on our one-hour experience of St. Louis Cemetery No. 1. Enjoy this very special piece in New Orleans history as you learn about our city's very unique burial process, see the famous oven vaults and family and society tombs, we also discuss the famous people buried in the cemetery and the legends of Marie Laveau and the filming of the 1969 film Easy Rider.
Come live it!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basin St. Station, 501 Basin St, New Orleans, LA 70112-3552
Meet your guide outside of the Basin Street Visitors Center located at 501 Basin Street, directly across the street from the cemetery. Then, walk to the oldest above-ground cemetery in the city, St. Louis Cemetery No. 1.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
You are required to be with a guide in the cemetery and cannot walk freely through it without your guide. Discover the historical significance of it and the need to protect its architectural integrity. Discuss the burial processes, famous people who are buried in the cemetery, and see the supposed tomb of Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau.
Note: alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the cemetery.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour may be difficult for those with mobility issues or using a wheelchair
- NOTE: St. Louis #1 is an ACTIVE cemetery and may have funerals at the time of your scheduled tour and may be closed to the public, if this situation arises, we will do our best to reschedule you to another tour time.
- You are unable to leave anything or take anything from the cemetery.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Average 4.84 out of 5 stars based on 104 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities