One Hour Saint Louis Cemetery Number One Walking Tour
This one-hour walking tour is offered for those short on time or do not wish to walk long distances (tour is approximately one mile), but wish to see St. Louis #1 Cemetery, the oldest operating cemetery in New Orleans.
While guests aren't allowed inside the cemetery at this time, our tour has been modified to include French Quarter history, cemetery history, and the option for photo shoots at the entrance(s), until the Archdiocese reopens and admits tours. We thank you, in advance, for joining us during this time.
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Family friendly
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Walk through the Quarter to St. Louis #1 Cemetery
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
We do not meet here, but at 710 St. Louis Street. Guests are not allowed in the cemetery at this time, but our tour has been modified to include French Quarter history, cemetery history and the option for photo shoots at the entrance(s), until the Archdiocese reopens and admits tours. Properly worn masks and social distancing of "pods" is required.
You'll still hear about the history and architecture of the cemetery, how & why we bury above the ground, how the vaults work, the history of Marie Laveau, the Queen of Voodoo & many other notables.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: 400 Basin St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT MEET AT THE CEMETERY! YOU MUST CHECK IN 15 MIN. PRIOR TO TOUR TIME AT 710 ST. LOUIS ST.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers except children 5 and under, who are free.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (approximately one mile).
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes & drink plenty of water, regardless of the temperature.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in with your guide. If you are late, you may join only in the first 10 minutes of the tour, during the walk down St. Louis St. You may reschedule up to 12 hours in advance of departure time with no rebooking fee.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- If you miss your tour, a rescheduling fee of $2.50/pp will apply for same day (if we are able to accommodate you). You must call to reschedule.
- Most travelers can participate
- During COVID-19 pandemic, all travelers are required to properly wear a mask & pods will social distance 6 ft.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We do not enter buildings on this tour, but it is MANDATORY to wear a mask & socially distance in ALL buildings & during tours.
- Social distancing is not required amongst family members, but will be enforced between families.
- Anyone refusing to comply will be asked to leave, with no refund.
Average 4.05 out of 5 stars based on 65 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?