New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat Tour with Transportation
Meet your guide for pickup in downtown New Orleans and head for a 2-hour boat tour in Honey Island Swamp, a wildlife preserve that is one of the last protected wetlands in Louisiana. Visit a Cajun village only accessible by boat; learn about the animals and plants in the lush swamps; and get close to wildlife that are out and active with an expert local guide.
Please note that wildlife sightings are never guaranteed.
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, Louisiana
After pickup in central New Orleans, it's a short drive across Lake Pontchartrain to Honey Island Swamp, a wildlife preserve that is one of the last protected wetlands in Louisiana.
Stop At: Honey Island Swamp, Honey Island Swamp, Louisiana 70461, USA
Your guide welcomes you aboard a custom-made 22-passenger flat-bottom boat. The smaller sized, quiet boat can fit through narrow passages in the swamp foliage so that you see more and get closer to wildlife.
As your guide explains the history of Louisiana’s wetlands and swamp ecosystem, be on the lookout for alligators, raccoons, owls, wild boar, nutria, snakes, turtles, black bears, bald eagles and other bird species. Get a close look at some wild gators as your guide shares facts about the toothy beasts, who can weigh up to 1,000 pounds (453 kg).
Glide safely through the fertile swamplands, learning about Cajun culture and how local people have utilized the swamp for food, homes, and medicine. You even see an authentic Cajun village that is only accessible by boat. Gain an understanding of why the wetlands are slowly disappearing and about the efforts being made to preserve Louisiana's natural treasures.
After a fascinating 2-hour boat tour, your guide returns you to shore.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Transportation from downtown New Orleans
- Live commentary on board
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- PLEASE NOTE: tour ONLY picks up from the location listed. Pick ups from any other location cannot be accommodated.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.83 out of 5 stars based on 1848 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought