New Orleans Airboat Swamp Tour: Social Distancing Series
The first of our "Social Distancing Series", Airboat Swamp Adventure is a fun and interactive private small group tour - maximum of 15 guests. In order to maintain proper social distancing, this tour will take place on a 47 passenger bus and airboat will be filled to 50% capacity to ensure the safety of our passengers, drivers and staff.
Take a thrilling airboat ride through the wetlands near New Orleans and plenty of alligators on this active, family-friendly tour. Travel over bayous and open waterways around the colorful, historic fishing village of Jean Lafitte, named after a 19th-century smuggler. Spy alligators in the wild -- as well as raccoons, native birds and large river rodents called nutria -- as your native guide provides commentary.
We will "pick you up"...whether you are staying at a local hotel or vacation rental. If we are unable to reach your location to pick you up, our customer service representative will suggest a meeting point nearest to your location.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Airboat Adventures, 5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Travel by air-conditioned coach from central New Orleans to the nearby fishing village of Jean Lafitte, named after an 18th-century smuggler. Home to a variety of diverse cultures, this area surrounded by Lousiana bayous has been the site of extensive logging operations, sugar and rice plantations and animal trapping enterprises over the years. Today, the people's simple way of life is a marked contrast to the hustle-bustle of New Orleans.
In Jean Lafitte, you can get some snacks (own expense) and check out an albino alligator exhibit before boarding your airboat, a vessel that relies on an aircraft-type propeller mounted on its back to move it forward. Feel the wind in your hair as your move swiftly over the wetlands.
Your native boat captain will talk about the history and culture of the area and point out wildlife as you travel. See lots of alligators lurking in the marshes, as well as local birds, raccoons and nutria -- giant river rodents that call the bayous home.
Conclude your 4-hour family-friendly escape to the Louisiana wetlands with coach transport back to central New Orleans.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
You will travel through the Barataria Preserve, part of the Jean Lafitte National Park & Preserve system. The preserve offers a taste of Louisiana's wild wetlands, protecting 23,000 acres of bayous, swamps, marshes and forests.
Pass By: Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 419 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130-1035
Barataria Preserve is part of the Jean Lafitte National Park & Preserve system, which preserves significant examples of the natural and cultural resources of the Mississippi Delta region.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 1 hour 45 minute airboat ride
- Albino alligator exhibit
- Native guide
- Tour subject to change based upon CDC and local regulations.
- Entry/Admission - Airboat Adventures
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 15 people per booking.
- Dress code is smart casual: Sunglasses are recommended. Please note that you are on an air-boat and may get wet.
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Pregnant women not permitted on airboats
- In case of inclement weather, the tour may be shortened, postponed or replaced with a similar tour on a covered boat
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In this event, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities