N’awlins Luxury: Destrehan Plantation Tour with Transportation
Travel outside the city along the the Mississippi River to the famous River Road, home to many of Louisiana’s antebellum plantations. Explore Destrehan Plantation which is the oldest documented plantation home in the Lower Mississippi Valley. The tour highlights include a guided tour of the home by a costumed interpreter an artisan demonstration, original documents and artifacts, exhibits such as the 1811 Slave Revolt and the Rost Home Colony, picturesque grounds.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: N'awlins Luxury Tours, New Orleans, LA 70112-3552
During this 1-hour walking tour, you find yourself immersed in the rich history of Louisiana during the era when French was the main language and the white gold of sugar drove the economy. Family stories of those free and enslaved set against the fabric of history are sure to intrigue you as you visit the site.
The plantation was home to Marie Celeste Robin de Logny and her husband Jean-Noel Destrehan, the most successful sugar producer in St. Charles Parish and one of the driving forces in Louisiana Statehood. The plantation exhibits an original document signed by President Thomas Jefferson and Secretary of State James Madison appointing Destrehan to the Orleans Territorial Council, responsible for creating Louisiana’s civil law of government
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Destrehan Plantation, 13034 River Rd, Destrehan, LA 70047, USA
Destrehan Plantation was the site where one of the three trials took place following the 1811 Slave Revolt, one of the largest slave revolts in U.S. History, led by Charles Deslondes.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Destrehan Plantation
- Entry/Admission - N'awlins Luxury Tours
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: C-74939P10
Similar Tours & Activities
New Orleans City Driving Tour
Destrehan Plantation and Large Airboat Tour Combo from New Orleans
Immoral & Immortal New Orleans Walking Tour
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Steamboat Natchez Evening Jazz Cruise with Dinner Option
New Orleans Airboat Ride
Swamp Boat Ride and Oak Alley Plantation Tour from New Orleans