Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Legends of New Orleans Walking Tour
Get ready for a spooky evening with this 2-hour walking tour of New Orleans' haunted history. Start in the French Quarter, the city's oldest neighborhood, and visit multiple haunted locations throughout the area. This spine-tingling tour combines the supernatural and the rich history of New Orleans. Guests will be allowed to stop and grab drinks at bars along the tour route. Some bars allow kids inside however some do not.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Meet your guide in the French Quarter to begin this fascinating look at some of the area's spookiest events and stories.
Step back in time to the 1700s and 1800s during this tour. Hear historically accurate tales of local ghosts and vampires that have taken place right here in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the United States, the famous French Quarter. New Orleans has a very rich history, countless unsolved mysteries (including both documented unsolved murders and suicides), and it also has some powerful paranormal activity. That is probably why it is referred to as the most haunted city in the United States. This is the place to delve into the subjects of spirits, vampires, and voodoo. This tour illustrates the haunting tales of time gone by. Hear the story of the infamous serial killer like Madame LaLaurie. Visit the LaLaurie Mansion and hear the horror story behind this evil woman.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Lalaurie Mansion, 1140 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116-2706
During this tour you will hear stories of the Casket Girls whom are blamed for bringing the first vampires to New Orleans.
We will visit more than 10 locations where ghosts and vampires have been documented being seen on a regular basis. Hear the history behind these legends and learn about the documented evidence that proves that these sightings are in fact, real. Visit the Sultan's Palace where the largest mass murder in the history of New Orleans took place.
It is possible you may experience paranormal activity, a real
piece of paranormal equipment / EMF meter will be used during the tour. It is common for guests to experience cold spots and see apparitions, and some guests have actually caught orbs and apparitions in the photos taken during the tour. If you would like to see the paranormal activity photographed during past tours, just ask your guide to show you the photos.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Professional guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Non refundable tickets• no refunds
- Tours meet on the public sidewalk located at 1200 Decatur Street New Orleans LA 70116 the corner of Decatur and Governor Nicholls Street. Please do not confuse this with the American Sports Saloon, Bartenders / staff are not affiliated us and cannot answer any questions regarding and an unfortunately if guests are inside that separate business (American Sorts Saloon) they will miss the tour by accident….
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS When a guest purchases a ticket they are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions INCLUSIONS- Admission Ticket, Local Tour Guide, Walking Tour Duration: 1-2 hour walking tour at a moderate pace. The duration may last longer depending on the wait time inside the bars. Some bars may be busy and delay the tour to a large degree EXCLUSIONS – Gratuities (recommended) Drinks are available to purchase along route Meeting / Departure location: Meet on the sidewalk located at 1200 Decatur Street New Orleans Louisiana 70116. Please arrive a few minutes prior to departure time and check in with the tour guide. Tours depart @ the scheduled time. Tours do not meet inside the bar. We are not affiliated with The American Saloon located at this address. Please arrive a few minutes prior to departure time and check in with the tour guide. Tours depart at the scheduled time. Guests must check in a few minutes before the tour departs and leave with the tour group at the scheduled departure time. Tour Guides are unable to answer phones after a tour departs since we are then navigating our tour groups and giving narrations we cannot be on our phones and lead a tour. Late arrivals will not be refunded. If you are going to be late please contact us before the tour is scheduled to depart so we can try to help you check in before the departure time or reschedule your tour. We will do what we can to reschedule your tour for the next tour that has availability. If a guest arrives even a few minutes late the tour guide will not be at the meeting departure location any longer because we start at the scheduled time. Please contact us Before the tour departure to avoid any issues regarding being lost / late. Departure Time Comments -Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions. We reserve the right to delay and or reschedule tours regarding certain situations that may arise. If the tour is delayed guests will be notified via text & or email. Time stamped photos are taken of the meeting location at the start of each tour. -Audio or Video recording devices are strictly prohibited during the tour. Photos are allowed and encouraged. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule tours due to inclement weather or any other acts of God. A $250 replacement fee will be charged for any piece of lost, damaged, or missing piece of paranormal equipment. Paranormal Equipment has GPS devices installed. Please keep in mind we can track each device. Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirement- cut off for reservations for this tour is 1 hour before the scheduled departure. Please be aware that at cut off time for reservations if the minimum numbers are not met the tour will be cancelled and you will be contacted by phone, text, or email up to the hour before the tour is scheduled to depart. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative departure tour. We do not offer additional compensation for a customer who feels inconvenienced by the tour being cancelled. Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late arrivals. All tours are as kid friendly as possibly. Please keep in mind some locations allow children inside, some do not. All tours are for entertainment purposes only. There is no guarantee that you will encounter any paranormal activity while on this tour. Unfortunately we cannot create a ghost / supernatural being appear anywhere / anytime during the tour! The term is attributed to non-physical entities, such as angels, ghosts, vampires, demons, gods, and spirits. It also includes claimed abilities embodied in or provided by such beings, including magic, telekinesis, levitation, precognition, and extrasensory perception. It it isn’t human we cannot guarantee you will see it. Our tours are realistic! No refunds, no compensation will be offered for any reason. This includes guests that complain for not seeing a ghost or supernatural being. If only we could make ghosts appear lol … what’s cool about this is, is that guests that have captured paranormal entities in photos are real. We do not give guests false hope. Guests have captured paranormal photos during our tours so rest assured it is most definitely possible. We have an album of the photos including texts that have photos from guests, ask to see them if you are interested! Tour is subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to change any / all the tour information and route. All information provided in this tour is of public knowledge and has been collected through research by the authors / tour guides. All tours will be held on public property and no entry into private property will be conducted. No entry into private locations will be gained. Rain out policy -- Tours are rain-or-shine events. However in the event that a tour is canceled- All cancellation notices will appear on our website, social media and we will send text notifications to all guests who leave an accurate working mobile phone number on their reservation. Prepaid tours will receive credit for a future tour. Guests should prepare for the type of weather we are having. It can be pretty darn hot in NOLA but it can also get pretty darn cold as well. 1. No refunds (for any reason including weather) will be issued from booking agent or tour group. ---- This includes weather in New Orleans or anywhere else in the world. Do not ask for a refund we do like declining them but we will if asked. 2. The tour, tour guides, tour / booking agents and all other tour staff are not responsible for the safety or security of ticket holders. We are not responsible for lost or stolen personal belongings or any injuries sustained due to the old, uneven and dilapidated streets and walkways along the tour route. Participants have been warned not to obstruct the sidewalks or streets. We accept no responsibility for anything that arises from this or failure to follow any other instructions while on tour. 3. Tour ticket holders will remain with their group throughout the duration of the tours. No walking off from group to take photos. Tour guides cannot stop the tour group for guests to stop and walk off to take photos. The tour guide has to stay on schedule. A moderate pace is needed to complete the tour route on time. 4. Tour ticket holders will adhere to the guidelines set forth by the tour staff. The tour, tour guides, and other tour staff reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time. 5. Tour ticket holders will be allowed to drink alcoholic beverages during the tours. However for the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are extremely intoxicated or show signs of extreme intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund. 6. Tour ticket holders will respect the privacy of private property and will not trespass on private property. This includes not ringing door bells at private homes. The French Quarter is in fact a neighborhood and we ask for everyone to respect the residents. 7. Guests are allowed to use paranormal equipment during the tour. Paranormal equipment must be checked out at the beginning of the tour. A fee of $250 will be charged for any piece of lost, damaged, or missing piece of equipment. PLEASE DO NOT DROP THE EQUIPMENT. Paranormal Equipment must be checked out and returned to a staff member before the guest leaves the tour. If you are interested in the equipment you must arrive at check in and request the equipment. You will need to provide your name, phone number, address, and booking reference number. This information must be received before checking out paranormal equipment. All paranormal equipment is marked and tracked via GPS. 8. Children under the age of 18 are not admitted without parent or guardian unless authorized by one of the tour guides. Please keep in mind that not all bars allow children inside.To go bars / windows are offered along the tour route for anyone not wanting to go inside a bar. 9. Audio or Video recording devices are NOT allowed during the tour. Photos can be taken and are encouraged! 10. Please arrive a few minutes prior to departure time. Tours depart at the scheduled time. If guests do not check in before the tour they cannot call and meet the tour at a different location. Late arrivals will not be refunded. Tour guides DO NOT answer the phone after the tour starts out of respect to the guests who arrived on time. A tour guide can not stop a narration to answer the phone for a guest who was late. Time stamped photos are taken of the meeting / departure location at the beginning of each and every tour. 11. Departure Times - Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions. If in fact we are notified of heavy traffic, accidents or road closures that are causing extreme issues / extreme long waits for guests to arrive on time we will make sure that all guests are notified of the issue via call, text or email. If a guest does not leave a contact number we have no possible way to contact them. Please provide a contact number and or email address so that we can contact you if this is an issue. This does happen at times and it is important that we can reach you and update changes. Texts are the most common method of notification that we use for all updates- including delays or cancellations. 12. Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. * Cut off for reservations for this tour is one hour before the scheduled departure. Please be aware that at cut off time for reservations if the minimum numbers are not met the tour will be cancelled and you will be contacted by phone, text, or email up to the hour before the tour is scheduled to depart. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. We do not offer additional compensation for a customer who feels inconvenienced by the tour being cancelled. Knowing that there is a chance that this tour may be cancelled guests may want to have a back up plan in the event that this tour is cancelled last minute. If you have a problem or complaint regarding the tour please let us know. The tour guides, Coty and Ashli are the owners of the company. If you have a complaint please do not wait until after the tour to inform us! Let us know at the tour. We created and have operated the tour company since 2014. We have been successful over the years and wish to provide the best tours to our guests. Please understand that we run a business but also enjoy giving tours and we want to provide exceptional experiences to our guests. * We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule tours due to inclement weather or any other acts of God. All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. TICKETS ARE SOLD FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. Sightseeing Tours - Drunk History Tours - Voodoo Tours - Ghost Tours- Vampire Tours - Supernatural Tours - Legend Tours and Mystery Tours - Coty & Ashli; your owner and operators
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: C-25513P7
Similar Tours & Activities
Guest say "Best New Orleans Private Tour" >Henley's Private Tours
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
New Orleans Airboat Ride