Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Highights Of New Orleans: Voodoo & Cemetery Tour
Explore the final resting place of Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau
Discover why Mark Twain refers to New Orleans as the City of the Dead
Learn how voodoo and the city of New Orleans intertwine
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
During this tour, you will make your way through the historic French Quarter to St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, the final resting place of history’s most revered Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau. You will also have the added bonus of visiting Voodoo Authentica and will have the opportunity to purchase Voodoo 'magic' potions at Marie Laveau’s Voodoo Shop before heading into the cemetery.
There are three St. Louis Cemeteries in New Orleans, but the oldest existing cemetery in the city is St. Louis Cemetery Number 1. It is still the site of several burials a year. Here you will notice that the cemetery's graves are above-ground tombs, referred to as "Cities of the Dead" because they resembled small houses and make the cemetery look like a city in itself.
You will be accompanied by a licensed tour guide who will share with you the fascinating history of this cemetery and tell you all about the Voodoo culture of New Orleans.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Entry into St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- Guided Tour
- Foods and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: C-256626P2
Similar Tours & Activities
New Orleans VIP Sightseeing Flight with Champagne & Chocolates or Wine & Cheese
Destrehan Plantation Tour
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
New Orleans Airboat Ride