Funky Nassau Jeep Adventure
Feel the pulse of Nassau on this three (3) hour cultural and culinary adventure of the island. Your driver will chauffeur you in our custom stretched rugged Jeep Wranglers. Experience the real Nassau, discovering the historic Ft. Montagu and Ft. Charlotte. Visit the Queen's Staircase and the historic water tower. Enjoy the color and rhythmic thrill of Junkanoo, the cultural festival of The Bahamas as you partake in our interactive Junkanoo experience. Discover a charming local tea shop, Tasty Teas and visit the John Watling's Distillery, for a chance to experience the flavors of the island. Visit a local cigar factory and chocolatier. After several hours of exploring, you will have worked up an appetite, so it's off to the Drifters at Da' Fish Fry for an authentic Taste of The Bahamas and native food tasters. It's more than a tour .. It's an
Why settle for a tour, when you can have an ADVENTURE? Buckle your seatbelts and let your hair down for a thrilling, fun-filled interactive one-of-a-kind open-jeep tour of the Island of New Providence.
We offer an ALL-INCLUSIVE adventure which includes:
1. JUNKANOO EXPERIENCE
2. A TASTE OF THE BAHAMAS - AUTHENTIC NATIVE CUISINE SAMPLING
3. CUSTOMIZED STRETCHED JEEP WRANGLER DRIVEN BY OUR EXPERT TOUR GUIDES
4. VISITS TO A LOCAL BUSH TEA SHOP AND RUM DISTILLER
5. UNLIMITED LOCAL SOFT DRINKS & BEVERAGE
6. ADMISSION TO ALL ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIE
7. POP-CULTURE HISTORICAL TOURS
AND SO MUCH MORE!
All aboard the Funky Nassau Tour!
FUNKY NASSAU TOUR
Discover Nassau first hand as we take you on an approximately 3 hour journey of the culture, beauty, and history of the capital of The Bahamas. The Funky Nassau Tour is an All-Inclusive Adventure which consist a native lunch, unlimited local soft drinks and beverages and admission to all attractions and activities. Featured stops and experiences include:
Junkanoo Experience: Learn about the history of the premier cultural expression of The Bahamas, see costumes and instruments, dress and take photos in Junkanoo costumes and “participate” in a live Junkanoo session.
Tasty Teas: Indulge in native Bahamian bush teas and natural beverages. As part of our tours, passengers will be treated to samples of the various teas offered at Tasty Teas.
John Watling's Distillery: At John Watling's Distillery, tour passengers will be given a guided tour of the distillery including an oral history of the storied grounds and treated to samples of the rich selection of John Watling's Rums.
Arawak Cay Fish Fry: Experience this local cultural center and indulge in a taste of The Bahamas as locals do.
Historic Forts: Visit Fort Montague, Fort Fincastle, Fort Nassau & Fort Charlotte
Queen's Staircase: Get a panoramic view of Nassau Harbour and the City of Nassau and walk down the Queen's Staircase also known as the 66 Steps
The Caves : Explore the old caves, learn about their historical significance and ecology and take pictures in the famous shell chair
Many other stops along the way!
MORNING AND AFTERNOON TOURS AVAILABLE DAILY
Pickup and Dropoff available at all major hotels and the Nassau Cruise Port Terminal.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: ALL MAJOR NASSAU HOTELS
NASSAU CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- 1. Native cuisine tasters
- 3. Junkanoo experience
- 5. Bush tea and rum samples
- 6. Cultural and historical tour
- 7. Pick up and Drop off
- Bottled water
- Local beers available for sale
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to the minimum number of tour participants not being met.
- Due to inclement weather conditions.
- In the event of a cancellation, we will either provide you with a refund or offer you an alternative date for the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We will allow only family members or guests travelling together to be seated in the same row of our vehicles.
Average 4.60 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Everything about this excursion was amazing!! The tour guide Tamar was so informative, nice and entertaining! He gave us so much info on the island and history. We stopped at some cool landmarks and places to get adult beverages along the way! The Jeep was cool and comfortable. The stop for lunch had great food. I highly recommended this tour!
Had a great time. Really got to experience local history and culture. Tamar was great. He made us very comfortable and made sure we got back to our cruise ship on time.
Well worth the money. At Junkanoo Museum we tried on costumes and learned how to play the drums. Food tasting was awesome. The 66 steps down the queens staircase was beautiful. Tour guide was very friendly, patient and knowledgeable. The rum distillery was in the building that was in a James Bond movie. The pina coladas were delicious, obviously made with fresh coconut.
Overall an excellent excursion. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. The only downside was that the pickup was a little bit late and we had to be back at our cruise ship at a designated time so the end of the tour was a bit rushed. Would definitely recommend.
Tamar was our guide. He is like a big brother or best friend. Tamar told us about all the history of the island and brought us to a ton of the highlights of the island. He knows the ins and outs and made us feel like we were locals while explaining everything. The lunch was great and the anecdotal stories gave us great insight to the island. The Junkanoo stop was great. We definitely recommend this trip. Thank you Tamar for a great day!!!
This was a great tour. Our guide Ahmad was the best. He answered every question we had about the tour. He was very informative while being fun for the kids. I would highly recommend this tour for all ages.
We had a wonderful time on the 4 hour Jeep Tour of Nassau. Our driver Amad was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable about the history of the island. He was very personable and enthusiastic about his job. He obviously loves what he does. We thoroughly enjoyed all the stops along the way and all the places he stopped for photo opps. Would highly recommend this company, driver and tour.
Tremar was a great guide, he was informative and fun. We loved seeing the island, the people, and the traditions.
Our tour guide was Ahmad. He was well versed on the history of the country. He made the day exciting in spite of the rain:-) I would recommend this activity if you are visiting the Bahamas.
I have no agenda with the tour provider or town of Nasau, I and my family were really looking forward to our first stop in Bahamas. The three star rating was due to the fact that they did turn up and take us to the locations as advertised and provided food, so kept their side of the bargain. The fact of the matter is, there is almost nothing WORTH seeing in Nassau! Should you ever find yourself landed at Nassau for the day I would suggest you choose one of the 'swim with' excursions (dolphin, rays, pigs) or visit Atlantis. Should I find myself there again I will almost certainly stay aboard ship.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-58485P1