4X4 6-Seater Buggy Rental in Nassau
Get ready to shake, rattle and bump in your six-person 4x4 automatic Yahama Buggy as you bob your way around the island on a scenic road trip full of breathtaking views. Enjoy the landscape and feel the energy that emanates from the natural environment as you pass the many sites such as the Fort Charlotte, The Caves, Fort Montague, the Queen's staircase and many others.
Your 4 x 4 Buggy rental will begin at a cruise port in Nassau or you may choose hotel pick up and drop-off. You will cover lots of ground and capture a real feel for life in Nassau, the most amazing island of the Bahamas.
You can drive-by and visit the Queen's Staircase, a stone stairway of 65 steps, one for each year of Queen Victoria’s rule; The Water Tower, built in 1928 to maintain water pressure in Nassau; Arawak Cay, named after the original West Indian inhabitants of the islands; the local hangout referred to as the “Fish fry,” which is a cluster of popular restaurants and bars where you can find Bahamian delicacies and one-of-a-kind drinks.
You can drive to Fort Charlotte, the largest and most interesting of the three forts found in Nassau. The fort was built in 1789 by Lord Dunmore and named in honor of the wife of King George III.
You can also choose to visit Bahamar, the newest and largest development in the Bahamas where you will find some of the most popular hotel chains.
You can visit the Caves, formerly known to house the ‘Lucayans,’ residents who lived on the islands of the Bahamas around the 10th century until the Christopher Columbus time. The Caves are now home for the Buffy Flower Bat also known as the Fruit Bat
Old Fort Bay, a gated community where many celebrities reside such as Sean Connery from the famous James Bond movies, should definitely be on your places to visit in Nassau.
Your 4 x 4 Buggy rental will conclude at its departure point.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 2 to 24 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Fuel surcharge
- Roundtrip Transportation from major hotels
- BlueTooth Stereo
- Local taxes
- A refundable damage waiver of $500 USD will be collected at the time of rental either via cash or as a credit card authorization (Visa & Master Card only)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Guests must be 25 years of age or older to drive and must bring a valid driver's license
- Car seats/booster seats are allowed
- Guests with neck, back or hip ailments, those who have had recent surgery and pregnant women will not be allowed to operate a Jeep or be a passenger in a Buggy
- Guests under the influence, or appearing under the influence of alcohol or other substances, will not be allowed to operate a Buggy
- Guests will be required to sign a rental contract at check in and leave a damage waiver of $500.00 per vehicle.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Car seats are required for infants 5 years and younger
- Car seats are available at an extra cost
- Local cell phones with free minutes are available at an extra cost
- Roundtrip transportation from hotels are available for 2 hour rentals at an extra cost
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.33 out of 5 stars based on 12 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We did the self guided tour and had a great day. The machine was nice and the Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They pointed in the right direction and away we went. If we did this again we would stay on the hotel side of the island or over the bridge. Wasn't much to see or do on the other side of the island past jaws beach. I would rent from them again
Employees couldn't have been more friendly or more helpful. Answered all our questions about what not to miss, where to go, how to get there etc. Been to Nassau twice before but saw the entire island for the first time. From 7 to 70, everyone in our party enjoyed it immensely!
We loved having the Jeep to explore Nassau and go to the places we wanted vs being stuck on a tour . We had no issues with the company and they were very helpful in helping us plan our route with a map as well as even escorted us to the main road. Would recommend use of this company!
We had a wonderful time touring Nassau in our UTV. The gentleman named Kino was very helpful and even gave us a ride back to our boat! I highly recommend this excursion as well as this tour group.
Other than a slight difficult time finding the place to be after getting off our cruise ship, this tour was excellent.
The gentleman who helped us at the kiosk was friendly. He gave us a map of the whole island and then circled hot spots or sights he thought we would want to visit. We were then picked up in a minivan and drove about 3 miles away to where the UTV was. We rented 2 UTVs that day. They were in excellent condition. We were given a cell phone in case we had any problems. We were also given a GPS to help us get around. Everyone was very friendly.
We took the UTVs out for our full 4 hours. We stopped whenever we wanted and played in several spots. The UTVs have a top so we weren't stuck in the sun all day.
It was overall a great experience. I am so glad we did it and would totally do this again.
This was a great experience! I would recommend getting this vehicle to anyone visiting the Bahamas. It allowed us to get around on our own to the entire island. We could go to several beaches and drive through Atlantis. I recommend going to the beaches that are outside of the cruise port. It was easy to get around and to park. They even provided a GPS. Vehicle was easy to drive but they drive on the left side so that took a little getting used to. Owner was great - he picked us up and took us back from the cruise ship area. We arrived early into the port so we had to wait until 9:00 am to talk with someone. I would recommend setting up ahead of time and then waiting until after 9:00 if you get in port earlier. We had 4 people traveling, but the Jeep as they call it easily fits 6. No issues with the performance and the vehicles were actually in great shape and appeared fairly new. Money well spent!
This was exactly what we were looking for in our excursion. We were able to freely drive around the island and discover how people on the island lived. We really felt like we got to explore what we wanted on our time frame. The jeep was really fun to drive once I got used to driving on the left side of the road. Our jeep actually broke down, but we didn't worry. The company provide us with a cell phone with programmed number in it to call if we had any problems. We simply called and with in about 20 minutes they drove a new jeep to us for us to use. The employees were also very helpful in showing us on a map key places we might want to go to. It was a great adventure and I would recommend this excursion to others.
Great fun and Khara was awesome to deal with!
Confusing booking, We were supposed to have for 4 hours, but because of the difference of Nassau time versus ship time we only had the vehicle for 3 hours. This should be stated more clearly in the booking process. Also although you are given a GPS, I was under the impression from the description that you would be given some directions regarding the sites you should visit, Our driver punched in the caves but that was it.
I think we would have been better off renting a car or asking a taxi driver for a tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Nassau specialist!
Product code: C-6917P5
Similar Tours & Activities