Historic and Nature Bicycle Tour Guided in Marco Island
Join our group cycling tours to explore the largest of the Ten Thousand Islands. Cycle past beautiful homes with surrounding views of rare tropical plants and trees. See the unique protected wildlife of this beautiful island as you keep an eye out for burrowing owls, gopher tortoises, bald eagles, osprey, frigate birds, and many other tropical birds that make this area their home. Manatees and dolphins use extensive waterways to feed and play.
Winding our tour through the unique Caxambas area, we stop for a break to learn the intriguing history of the fierce Calusa Indians. Walk among the ancient Indian shell mounds where early pioneers settled this untamed area to hunt, fish, and farm. Expand your vacation footprint with this unique island experience as you pedal up and down the Indian shell mounds overlooking Roberts Bay and Caxambas Pass.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otter Mound Preserve, 1831 Addison Ct, Marco Island, FL 34145-5902
Stop buy the preserve to learn about the Calusa Indian use of the area and explore the diverse plantlife.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- 21-Speed Comfort Bicycle
- Bicycle Helmet
- Entry/Admission - Otter Mound Preserve
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities