Napa Valley Wine Train with Gourmet Lunch, Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tours
For an unparalleled Napa Valley experience, hop aboard the historic Napa Valley Wine Train! Travel through wine country in a restored antique train and stare out the large picture windows at the rolling hills and lush vineyards of St Helena, Oakville, Rutherford and Yountville. Enjoy a gourmet 3-course meal on board and hop off at the winery of your choice for a guided tour and tasting. This is the most scenic, relaxing and unique way to experience California's most renowned wine region.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Napa Valley Wine Train, 1275 McKinstry Street, Napa, CA 94559-1925
Board the Napa Valley Wine Train in Downtown Napa and travel north through gorgeous Napa Valley. As you admire views of wine country, you'll be served a gourmet 3-course meal prepared to your specifications. The highly acclaimed onboard restaurant prides itself in using fresh ingredients and sustainable produce, as well as humanely raised meats and line-caught or farmed fish (see below for a sample menu).
You have the choice of three itinerary options, listed below. Please check in 30 minutes prior to boarding. All transfers and tastings are included.
Appetizer (choose one)Baby lettuce salad with candied walnuts and smoked goat cheese in a honey cider vinaigretteSoup du jour
Main Course (choose one)Roasted beef tenderloin on a black truffle potato cake with onion and cambozola cheeseGrilled pork tenderloin stuffed with wild mushroom polenta on vegetables in a truffle port reduction sauceCoriander chicken breast in a wild mushroom pappardelle pasta with pestoGrilled salmon on fingerling potatoes and sautéed baby spinach in a coconut curry broth topped with a calamari saladWinter squash polenta with a spinach-ricotta portabella and yam-stuffed pepper in a tomato-basil coulis
DrinksOne glass of wine (Valley First option only)Coffee and teaEspresso, cappuccino, soft drinks, juices and mineral water (additional cost)
Duration: 5 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Napa Valley Wine Train, 1275 McKinstry St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Winery tour
- Wine tastings at the wineries
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Coffee and tea
- Round-trip train and coach transport
- Entry/Admission - Napa Valley Wine Train
- Server gratuities (recommended)
- Soft drinks, juice and alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Dress code is smart casual
- Any reserved seats not claimed within 10 minutes prior to departure may be released for resale
- Not wheelchair or scooter accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.47 out of 5 stars based on 105 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
From the Shuttle to the Group Guide to the Vineyard Guide to the Train was absolutely an incredible experience too incredible for words. Just do it!
Enjoyed the wine train and visit to the Raymond winery
Raymond tour guide was very knowledgeable and fun. The train, lunch and service were amazing!
Perfect way to become familiar with the area . Gourmet meal was outstanding , as was the train experience . The Ambassador tour option is money well spent as you receive two private wine tours.
Raymond Winery should make your list on stops. The train was top notch service. Amanda saw to it that we were looked after well.
This was such a great tour! Very professionally handled yet fun and informative.
My wife and I really enjoyed it.
Do yourself a favor and take this tour!
What a great day out! It was a hot day in Napa so this was the best way to see the valley, learn its history, drink some wine and have a fabulous meal too! The staff n the wine train couldn't be more helpful, it's a vey slick operation from ferry to bus pick to actual train journey. I'm gluten intolerant and that was no hassle for the team. I thoroughly recommend the Ambassador wine train tour.
Exceptional tour. Everything was incredible from the train station to the tour van back. I took the ambassador tour with my girlfriend and we were lucky enough to have a 4 person table to ourselves. You may end up sitting across from some strangers but only for lunch which lasted about an hour. Lunch was incredible. After lunch you go to the dessert car for coffee and your choice of dessert. After that we got onto a tour van and went to 2 wineries. The first was Charles Krug and the second was Raymond. We had tastings and tours of both. Charles Krug has a very interesting history in Napa and Raymond is a winery that is so different from any you have been to and you can tell they throw some wild parties there! Wine at both was amazing.
Super fun tour and delicious lunch!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Napa & Sonoma specialist!
Product code: COOL-5850WINE
Similar Tours & Activities