Mystic Seaport Museum Adventure
Get outside and enjoy a fresh sea breeze on the grounds of America's premiere maritime history museum. Guests are welcome to climb aboard tall ships, explore a preservation shipyard where shipwrights restore historic wooden vessels, stroll through heirloom gardens, engage in a sea story or two presented by friendly staff and volunteers. All indoor exhibits are opened for visitors to enjoy a deeper dive into life at sea during the golden age of sail and more. Summer weekends often include special events.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Family friendly
- Instant Confirmation
- Excellent value for money
Visit: Mystic Seaport Museum, 75 Greenmanville Ave, Mystic, CT 06355-1972
Immerse yourself in 19 acres of America's maritime history. Mystic Seaport encompasses a world-renowned preservation shipyard, a 19th-century seafaring village, and formal galleries where you'll find assorted permanent and rotating exhibits that explore America's relationship with the sea.
Visit: Charles W. Morgan, Mystic Seaport, Mystic, CT
Visit the actively working preservation shipyard where ships and boats of all sizes are restored and maintained. Docked alongside a 19th Century recreated working waterfront seaport village, three tall ships beckon to be explored. Among them - the last wooden whaleship the world - the Charles W. Morgan is considered the “crown jewel” of the Mystic Seaport collection, she has outlived all others of her kind. Climb aboard and go below decks to learn about the men and women who lived aboard!
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 to 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6/27/2022 - 10/30/2022
11/3/2022 - 1/1/2023
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
3/31/2023 - 6/23/2023
Thursday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
6/27/2023 - 10/30/2023
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
11/3/2023 - 1/1/2024
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Parking Fees
- Entire 19-acre indoor/outdoor museum experience
- 3 tall ships
- Entry/Admission - Mystic Seaport Museum
- Entry/Admission - Charles W. Morgan
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Valid up to one year from date of purchase
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Limited number of wheelchairs are available on a first come, first serve basis
- Historic location. Ships and some exhibit buildings have limited handicap accessibility
- If closed due to extreme weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Dogs on leash are permitted on grounds. Not permitted on ships or in exhibits. Do not leave unattended.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Masks are required to be worn in indoor spaces
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Masks are required in indoor spaces.
Average 4.60 out of 5 stars based on 15 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We really enjoyed Mystic Seaport. Unfortunately it was a rainy day, but we certainly didn't have to worry about crowds due to the weather. It was interesting to walk the the boat yard and see the boat they were restoring. The tall ships and the guides were very interesting. We found the people working there to be very knowledgeable and friendly. Really enjoyed the quaintness of the village and the buildings.