Myrtle Beach Area Ghosts, Pirates and Historic Families Trolley Tour
Take a half-hour ride south of Myrtle Beach on a climate-controlled trolley to the fishing community of Murrells Inlet, SC, and beyond. Hear the quintessential ghost stories that locals have grown up with, background on the pirates who were said to have frequented the local shores 300 years ago, and historical commentary on the influential families who lived in the area and helped shape our nation's history. IF YOUR OBJECTIVE IS TO SPEND TIME AT AREA ATTRACTIONS, THIS IS NOT THE TOUR FOR YOU. This 2-hour narrated tour serves as an introduction to wonderful places that we will be passing by that you'll want to come back and visit, while conveying a great deal of local folklore and history along the way. BRIEF STOPS, where passengers will hop off for just a FEW MINUTES, include The Pawleys Island Hammock Shops Village and at a photo-worthy overlook in Murrells Inlet. Board at 9:45 AM in front of the Grand 14 Theater at The Market Common. GUESTS MUST BE AT LEAST 3 YEARS OLD FOR THIS TOUR.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brookgreen Gardens, 1931 Brookgreen Dr U.S. Hwy 17, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576-5072
We will make a brief stop at The Gardener's Cottage which is Brookgreen Garden's information center (there is no restroom at this stop) to get an overview of the gardens and information on how to best enjoy this world-class destination.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Hammock Shops Village, 10880 Ocean Hwy, Pawleys Island, SC 29585-7987
Guests will visit the Hammock Weavers studio and meet a legendary local artisan who will show them how the world famous Pawleys Island hammocks are made. Restrooms are available before returning to the trolley.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Murrells Inlet, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
The trolley will pause for a photo opportunity of a panoramic view of Murrells Inlet, SC, that looks, in part, much like it did 300 years ago when pirates were among the inlet's visitors. There is no restroom at this stop.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Narrated, roundtrip ride to the quaint seafood village of Murrells Inlet and Pawleys Island
- A brief introduction to the world renowned Brookgreen Gardens at The Gardener's Cottage
- Visits the Pawleys Island Hammock Shops Village where they will enjoy a hammock-making demonstration
- Photo opportunity of a natural panoramic view of Murrells Inlet
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Whatever health and safety protocols that are appropriate for the date of the tour will be followed.
Average 4.07 out of 5 stars based on 15 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities