Museums, Murals, Monuments: Museum District Walking Tour
Home to some of the city’s most beloved cultural hubs, Richmond’s Museum District is a neighborhood with 22 sites on the National Register of Historic Places, multiple museums, a growing collection of murals and varied monuments. Join us for a walking tour exploring how public art, public spaces and public museums have told the story of our city for over 150 years.
Richmond History tours are a service of the Valentine, Richmond's first museum dedicated to collecting, preserving and interpreting Richmond’s history for over a century. Led by master guides, the Valentine's tours go beyond the highlights, uncovering stories and best kept secrets of locals.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Museum District, Between Boulevard and 195, Richmond, VA 23221-0186
Home to some of the city’s most beloved cultural hubs, Richmond’s Museum District is a neighborhood with 22 sites on the National Register of Historic Places.
Pass By: Monument Avenue from Lombardy Street to North Thompson Street, Richmond, VA 23220,23221
Monument Avenue, the first street in the U.S. to be designated as a National Landmark by the National Park Service, is one of America’s most beautiful boulevards.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Robinson House, Richmond, VA 23221, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 2:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Guided walking tour
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tours are typically 1.5-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us for tours. If you have accessibility challenges or need accommodation, please let us know in advance. Terrain and sidewalks are not always even.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-85624P5