Mountain Valley Loop Hop-On, Hop-Off from Kahului
The Hula Hula Hopper was created to give Pride of America passengers a diverse taste of Maui during a short island visit. This ticket includes the Mountain Valley Loop and gives you the ability to hop on and hop off as many times as you would like on Monday morning!
Explore the lush forests, botanical gardens, streams and waterfalls of beautiful Iao Valley State Park, and uncover the history behind one of Hawaii’s sacred burial sites.
On Monday Morning, the Mountain Valley Loop will take you up through the town of Wailuku before dropping down into the lush Iao Valley of the West Maui Mountains. In this valley of ancient burial grounds, walk trails along a flowing river and past waterfalls and swimming holes. Heritage Park gives lessons into island history, and Iao Needle offers wonderful photos of a historical landmark.
Mountain Valley Loop
Route Duration: 2 hours
- Norwegian Cruise Line - We will pick up at the harbor
Kepaniwai Park & Heritage Gardens / Iao Valley State Monument
Operates: On Monday Morning, the Mountain Valley Loop will take you up through the town of Wailuku before dropping down into the lush Iao Valley of the West Maui Mountains. In this valley of ancient burial grounds, walk trails along a flowing river and past waterfalls and swimming holes. Heritage Park gives lessons into island history, and Iao Needle offers wonderful photos of a historical landmark.
Along the way, your driver will point out don't-miss sights and touch on the history of our land and culture, all while lending an authentic local's take on the magic that makes Maui no ka oi (the best).
Stops Include :
Mountain Valley Loop
- Explore walking paths through the lush forest, and botanical gardens of beautiful Iao Valley State Park
- Swim in the streams, waterfalls and swimming holes
- Iao needle (Kuka’emoku), a 1200′ tall rock outcropping in this ancient burial ground, also the site of the Battle of Kepaniwai (1790)
Trolley runs every hour and leaves the Kahului Harbor 7:30 AM 8:30 AM 9:30 AM
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Admission Fees
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Very interesting and knowledgeable tour guide had a great time would definitely do again it is ridiculous that I have to use 100 characters for this review how many more do I need
This was a much better value and way to get to Iao valley while in Maui. We enjoyed the narration by our driver on the way to the valley and could tell that he is passionate about what he does. I have no issues recommending this trip to anyone who is stopping in Maui.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-121149P3
Similar Tours & Activities