Road to Hana Day Trip
The Hāna Highway is a 64.4-mile long stretch of spectacular views of rainforest, waterfalls, beaches and coastline. On the east after Kalepa Bridge, the highway continues to Kīpahulu on the Piilani Highway. Although Hāna is only about 52 miles from Kahului, it takes about 2.5 hours to drive when no stops are made as the highway is very winding and narrow and passes over 59 bridges, 46 of which are only one lane wide. There are approximately 620 curves along Route 360 from just east of Kahului to Hāna, virtually all of it through lush, tropical rainforest. Many of the concrete and steel bridges date back to 1910 and all but one are still in use. This full-day trip to the Hana coast has the best scenic drive along the shorelines of Maui.
- Close encounter with wildlife
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Safeway, 1090 Ho'okele St, Kahului, HI 96732, USA
Maybe buy a cup of coffee or pickup whatever supplies are needed for the Adventure.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hana Highway - Road to Hana, Route 36, Maui, HI
The Hana Highway is a 64.4-mile-long (103.6 km) , longest, coastal scenic route in the world. To the east of Kalepa Bridge, the highway continues to Kipahulu as Hawaii Route 31 (the Piilani Highway). This tour covers 59 single lane bridges, over 640 turns and curves, through lush, tropical rainforest. Most of the concrete and steel bridges date back to 1910.
Duration: 10 hours
Pass By: Ho'okipa Beach Park, Hana Highway, Paia, Maui, HI 96779
Ho'okipa Beach is considered the windsurfing capital of the world, you can enjoy watching wind surfers, kite boarders and surfers challenge the oceans waves and shoreline winds. This is also the Threatened Hawaiian Green Sea Turtle capital of Maui, with 200-pound turtles feeding along the shoreline and basking on the beach all day long.
Pass By: Bamboo Forest, Maui, HI
The impressive bamboo forest on the side of Hana Highway on the way to Hana.
Stop At: Ke‘anae Point, Maui, HI
small Hawaiian villages doing their best to live like the Hawaiians of old. Hunting pigs and growing taro, bread fruit, and Bananas are all big parts of everyday life in this small community. It’s also the site of the famous Half Way to Hana Snack stand; shave ice, fresh coconut, cold drinks and of course the Original Fresh Baked Banana Bread. The Keanae overlook and peninsula offer views of one of the largest taro farms in Hawaii.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Waikani Falls, Maui, HI
A very popular set of falls because it is photogenic and situated like a drive-thru right on the road. We do have the upper waterfalls which is also called the Three Bears Waterfalls.
Pass By: Upper Waikani Falls, Hana Highway, Maui, HI
Beautiful waterfall along the side of the highway.
Stop At: Wai'anapanapa State Park, Hana Hwy. near mile marker 32, Hana, Maui, HI
• Wainapanapa is Maui’s famous Black Sand Beach. Cobalt blue Ocean surrounded by black sand and black lava rocks from a recent flow only 10,000 years ago. Go for a walk along the edge of the bay and check out the blue water or just sit under a nice shade tree. This location is a great place to spend an hour relaxing, taking in one of the islands most beautiful locales.
Fresh Water Caves and Lava Tubes
• We take you to volcanic caves which you could explore. And if you are lucky you could witness the legend of the caves come alive. Certain time of the year red shrimp appear, turning the water red. Let our tour guides tell you the legend of Princess Popoalaea
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Charles Lindbergh's Grave, 40990 Hana Highway, Kipahulu, Maui, HI 96713
Charles Lindbergh retires to Kipahulu, Hana. Stop upon request.
Stop At: Pua'a Ka'a State Park, Hana Highway, Maui, HI
It is fairly easy to access the waterfall from here. Some people like to take a dip in the chilly waters by the waterfall and on a hot day. Wear swim suit layered and bring change of clothes. Don't forget the towels.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Aunty Sandy's Banana Bread, 210 Keanae Rd, Ke‘Anae, HI 96708, USA
Enjoy the best Banana Bread of your life! Auntie Sandy’s is also where Gordon Ramsey filmed the show Uncharted and he even was awestruck on how awesome the bread is!
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Wailua Falls, Hana Highway just past Koali Ranch Cottage, Hana, Maui, HI 96713
Wailua Falls is perhaps the tallest roadside waterfall on the Hana Highway. This is most popular waterfalls and most congested. For everyones safety we will make a stop here if it is safe to do so if there is a parking. stop made upon request.
Pass By: Laulima Farm, Hana Highway, Kipahulu, Maui, HI
Laulima Farm is a 13-acre organic family farm in the Kipahulu Valley. With many exotic and tropical fruits on the property you may sample at their tropical fruit stand! Organic coffee is grown here and definitely worth enjoying! Laulima is continually evolving to include more sustainable and ecologically sound practices on the land.
Pass By: Ohe'o Gulch, Haleakala National Park, Maui, HI
Often called Seven Sacred Pools, Oheo Gulch is famous for it's beautiful 7 pools which is a name coined decades ago by the owner of what is now Travaasa Hana (previously Hotel Hana Maui) for the purpose of marketing this deservingly spectacular (but then unknown) remote location to tourists.
Pass By: Maui Honey Bee Sanctuary, 16655 Piilani Hwy, Kula, HI 96790, USA
Whether you are interested in sampling some Maui honey or soaking in the epic views. Take in one of Maui’s most magical views of Kahoolawe and Molokini while enjoying snacks at the SnackShack Cafe. Browse the gift shop, Da Beehive, for hand made Hive to Home souvenirs for family and friends or join us for a tour to learn more about our bees!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 9 to 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:00 AM
- Bottled water - Bottles of water will be provided throughout the day!
- Snacks - Complimentary bags of Chips will be provided throughout the day!
- Narrated tour
- Experienced tour guides
- Lunch - A) Turkey Sub 6” B) Ham Sub 6” C) Roast Beef Sub 6” D) Veggie Wrap no cheese(Gluten Free or Vegan), text us your choices to 1(808)374-2294
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Minimum of 2 guests to book(singles please call us to book)
- Breakfast - A)bacon, egg and cheese muffin, B)egg & cheese muffin or C)rice with tomato, text us your choices to 1(808)374-2294
- Please text us your choices to 1(808)374-2294 at the time of your booking.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- *****Notice***** please check your text messages for updates
- As of March 26, 2022, all COVID restrictions has been lifted.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- State of Hawaii Approved : PUC 4918 C
- US DOT Approved : 3897236
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 4.69 out of 5 stars based on 224 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities