Molokini Snorkeling Adventure Aboard Calypso (MAUI / Ma'alaea Harbor)
Explore the natural wonders of Molokini Crater, a volcanic islet 3 miles (4.8 km) off the coast of Maui, on this snorkeling tour from Maalaea. Surrounded by clear tropical waters, this extinct cone is home to many species of marine life, such as fish, sea urchins, sharks, manta rays, and coral. Molokini is a marine preserve, meaning nothing can be disturbed, keeping the island and underwater environment pristine. You'll also explore Turtle Town, and admire native birds. Two water slides, a glass bottom viewing room, and a "leap of faith" are also available if you don't want to snorkel or finish early. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, soda, and juice are included.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Popular choice with kids
- All necessary equipment included
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
A tour with the Calypso is one of the most fun on Maui! This stable, high-speed, triple-decker catamaran will get you to two snorkel sites fast: Molokini Crater and Turtle Town, and with all the equipment you need and plenty of food on board, what more could you ask for?
The Calypso leaves from Ma’alaea Harbor, and after you are welcomed aboard by your friendly crew, you can take a look at the delicious hearty breakfast. After everyone is settled in, it’s off to the most popular underwater destination in Maui for some Molokini snorkeling! While you are enjoying the feel of the ocean wind in your hair.
Molokini Crater is located between the islands of Maui and Kaho’olawe. This beautiful site is not only home to several fish species, but many species of birds, as well! The crater is a designated Marine Life Conservation District and bird preserve, so no fishing or climbing on the crater is allowed, but wearing flippers and a mask to watch the fish is perfectly wonderful.
After your Molokini snorkeling, Calypso will whisk you to Turtle Town – a second snorkeling spot. Off the south side of Maui, Turtle Town is home to several large sea turtles as well as dynamic reef fish.
• Calypso, 101 Maalaea Rd Slip 82, South Ferry Dock, Wailuku, Maui, HI 96793
• Molokini Crater, Maui, HI
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Two slides
- Maui's only triple-decker catamaran with plenty of seating
- Glass-bottom viewing room
- Professional captain and crew
- Use of top-quality snorkel gear and flotation devices
- Ice-cold sodas and juice
- Informative and historical narration
- Fuel surcharge
- "Jump for Joy" jumping platform
- Optional pay on-board "SNUBA". Available for guests 8 years and up. Certain health restrictions apply. SNUBA® allows gets to enjoy the simplicity of snorkeling and also the wonders of breathing underwater. SNUBA® is a unique patented shallow water diving system bridging the gap between snorkeling and scuba diving
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off not included nor available
- Optional wetsuit and underwater digital camera rentals
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian & Gluten-Free option is available; please advise at time of booking if required.
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A 48-hour notice is required for cancellation or reschedule.
- Mandatory Check-in 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum drinking age: 21 years old.
- Bring cash if you'd like to tip the crew!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- All Snorkel Spots Are Determined Daily Weather Permitting. Please Understand and Respect Captain’s Decision on Snorkel Locations – In Your Best Interest.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 110 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We have our captain and crew arrived 30-minutes earlier than usual to spray sanitation and disinfectant on the vessel, and wipe down high traffic areas before guests arrive. Masks & Sanitation are available on boat for guests also.
Average 4.59 out of 5 stars based on 187 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call us to speak with a Cool Maui specialist!
Product code: C-8569P1
Similar Tours & Activities