Lahaina: Turtle Town Snorkel and Whale Watch (Dec-April) Aboard Quicksilver
Lahaina Turtle Town a.k.a. Mala Wharf is our first choice snorkel destination. In 1992 powerful hurricane Iniki destroyed the Mala pier. The remaining posts from the pier have created an artificial reef and sanctuary where corals and other marine life thrive. While snorkeling at Mala Wharf, you’re likely to spot Moorish Idols, Green Sea Turtles, and Saddleback Wrasse.
If the snorkel conditions are not ideal at Lahaina Turtle Town the Captain will choose from one of the other premier westside snorkel locations that include Honolua Bay, Airport Beach, and Launiupoko. All of these locations offer excellent opportunity to view the beloved Hawaiian green sea turtles, many varieties of brightly colored tropical fish, and beautiful coral reef formations.
During whale season we frequently observe Humpback whales as they enjoy the warm Hawaiian waters! This tour segment will include expert narration and provide a "play-by-play" commentary of the whale behaviors as you view them.
This tour departs from Lahaina Harbor and will cruise the beautiful and scenic West Maui coastline to one of the westsides top snorkel locations. Lahaina Turtle Town a.k.a. Mala Wharf is our first choice. Mala Wharf was once a fully functioning pier but was destroyed by hurricane Iniki and the dock pilings were scattered across the ocean floor. This created an artificial reef which is home to vast array of sea life.
If conditions are not ideal at Lahaina Turtle Town, we may head to Honolua Bay, Airport Beach, or Launiupoko. All these locations offer excellent opportunity to view the beloved Hawaiian green sea turtles, many varieties of brightly colored tropical fish, and beautiful coral reef formations.
During whale season we frequently observe Humpback whales as they enjoy the warm Hawaiian waters! This tour segment will include expert narration about the whales and provide a "play-by-play" commentary of the whale behaviors as you view them.
Snorkel spots are determined daily by our captains based on weather, swell, snorkel conditions, and many years of experience in Maui waters.
Whale watch portion is seasonal from December to April
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 12:30 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Experienced captain and crew
- Snorkel 101 Tutorial
- Use of top-quality snorkel gear and floatation devices
- Ice-cold water, soda, juice, coffee or tea
- Two restrooms
- Two freshwater showers
- Informative and historical narration
- "Jump for Joy" 2nd deck jumping platform
- Whale watch (seasonal Dec-April))
- Lunch - Hot dog, chips, and chocolate chip cookie. Vegetarian wrap (avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and onion) must be requested at time of booking 808-661-9937
- Adult Beverages are available to purchase for persons 21+ with photo ID for $3.00 each
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wetsuits are available to rent for $10.00 each
- Underwater cameras are available to rent for $75.00 each
- Parking fees
- T-shirts are available to purchase for $20.00 each
- Dramamine is available for purchase 2 tablets for $5.00
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Mandatory Check-in 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Valid photo ID - required for passengers 21+ who will be drinking alcoholic beverages
- Bring cash if you'd like to tip the crew
- Whale watch portion is seasonal from December to April
- For vegetarian, gluten-free meals, or any other special dietary need please call at time of booking
- Snorkel locations are determined daily by our captains based on weather, swell, and many years of experience in Maui waters
- Wildlife sightings, while likely, are not guaranteed
- Most travelers can participate
- Basic swimming ability recommended
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 111 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.43 out of 5 stars based on 56 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities