Private Tour on Historic Venice Canals
Ready to ride in the canals of Venice, Los Angeles?
We will be rowing canoes down these famous Los Angeles waterways while learning about the rich history of the Venice of America.
This experience is great for couples, pairs and small groups.
We will meet at the canals, board the canoes, and then do a 1-hour boat tour with a history of Venice.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Venice Canals Walkway, Washigton Blvd. & Dell Ave. Dell Ave & Court A, Los Angeles, CA 90292
We will touring the Venice Canals by canoe. The Venice Canals were created in 1905 as part of an expansive entertainment district along southern California coastline and were create by Abbot Kinney. Our journey starts at Eastern Canal where we will have a short orientation and canoe training session before boarding individual canoes. After that, we will be padding up and down Grand, Carroll, Linnie, Howland, and Sherman Canals. While it is now lined with houses, originally the Venice Canals were largely empty and mostly used for early 1900s form of "glamping" ("glamorous" meets "camping"). We will see ducks and other water birds as well as various unique houses and local art. If you booked a sunset tour expect some of the best photos as we chase the setting sun!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 04:30 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Canoe and Paddles
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- We offer a full refund if for any reason you find it too challenging.
- Sunset is getting earlier in the winter months, so please take that into consideration and message us the exact time you’d like to canoe.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Due to Covid-19, we will be paddling in separate boats. To participate, guests will need to be comfortable boarding a canoe and light exercise on water. A guide will be with you throughout the experience.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 11 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities