Best of Hollywood Food Tour
Sample the mouthwatering diversity of Southern California cuisine while taking in the area’s most popular sights on a Hollywood sightseeing food tour. This is a combination walking and driving tour. The first hour is a historic walking tour where you'll learn little known back-stories about the sites you are seeing. The remaining three hours you'll be driven to various tasting stops, where the walking includes getting in and out of the van to the restaurants. Make your taste buds the star for the day with almost four hours of gastronomic exploration in a small group, stopping to dine at five different eateries in Hollywood, along Melrose Ave and the Sunset Strip. Discover hidden gems, crowd-favorites and landmark restaurants after marveling at the Hollywood sign and Chinese Theater. You'll enjoy an insider’s view of the city with interactive commentary from your knowledgeable, certified guide. You’ll leave armed with a list of new favorite eateries and sights.
- All-inclusive tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: TCL Chinese Theatres, 6925 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028-6103
Your guide will escort you around this historic landmark dating back to 1927, pointing out the hand and footprints of the famous movie stars. The group does NOT go inside the theatre, only the front courtyard.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Dolby Theatre, 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028-6136
You and your guide will walk up the grand staircase leading to the Dolby Theatre, home of the Academy Awards, learning more about the history of this famous awards show. We will enjoy the outside of the theatre only.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Hollywood Sign, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Your guide will point out several vantage points to photograph the Hollywood sign from the Hollywood & Highland complex. If your desire is to get as close as possible to the sign, your guide will offer ideas for you to visit on your own time.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Blvd at Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Your guide will share stories about the famed stars in the sidewalk while you enjoy a leisurely stroll, saying hello to some of your favorite entertainers.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90069
After the walking portion, your group will board a cozy van for transport to our first tasting. We will drive a long length of Hollywood Boulevard to see the Egyptian Theatre, Musso & Frank, Capitol Records, Pantages Theatre and more.
Pass By: Melrose Avenue, Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90046
Your tour will continue along trendy and popular Melrose Avenue taking in the various shops, restaurants and comedy clubs
Pass By: Sunset Boulevard, Doheny Drive to Vine Street Beverly Hills and Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
The third major street we drive down is Sunset Boulevard, seeing the famous nightclubs and music venues that make up the "Sunset Strip". These include the Whisky A Go Go and the Viper Room.
Pass By: Hollywood & La Brea Gateway (The Four Ladies of Hollywood Gazebo), Intersection of Hollywood Blvd. & La Brea Av., Los Angeles, CA
After 4 hours of sightseeing and food tasting, your group is escorted back to Hollywood Boulevard where you'll see the Ladies of Hollywood Gazebo.
Stop At: John Kelly Chocolates, 1508 N Sierra Bonita Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046, USA
During the driving portion of the tour in between the sightseeing, visits will be made to four or five tasting stops to highlight the unique foods and restaurants of the Hollywood area. There are typically 3 savory and 2 sweet tastes. The restaurant list is kept as a surprise.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- All tasting fees
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan including surround sound
- Entry/Admission - Hollywood Sign
- Entry/Admission - Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Entry/Admission - John Kelly Chocolates
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcohol beverages
- Guests following a gluten-free diet on the day of the tour will be asked for a $15 surcharge
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a combination walking and driving tour. The first hour is a historic walking tour and the remaining three hours guests are driven to the various tasting stops, where the walking includes getting into and out of the van to the restaurants.
- You are encouraged to eat a light breakfast on the morning of the tour as the first tasting is approximately 1.5 hours after the start of the tour
- The tour requires a minimum number of passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be cancelled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring you will be provided with an alternate option or full refund.
- Maximum of 7 passengers per booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are strongly advised
- Restrooms are available at all restaurants on this tour
- Please advise of any food allergies or dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements field at check out.
- Guests following a gluten-free diet on the day of the tour will be charged a $15 supplement, to be paid in cash to the tour guide.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- To ensure social distancing, this tour will accommodate only one booking at a time. You can rest assured that your group will have the vehicle to yourselves for a fun, safe and private experience.
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 40 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We had an amazing tour with Trish on an unusually rainy day in LA!Despite the rain we had a great time and the food we tasted on the tour was great as was the history section! Thank you so much for a great tour!
Trish was absolutely fabulous. She gave of the highlights of West Hollywood along with several great eateries. We thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend. We never would have made it to any of these spots without Trish. Trish was prepared for everything. She had Advil for my son and a birthday candle to help celebrate my husband's birthday.
This was HANDS DOWN one of the best tours we have ever been on. Very knowledgeable and you get to know Hollywood, and it's foods SO well. Definitely recommend!!! Also, the tour guide is one of the nicest people we have ever met and is VERY accomodating.
What a fun food tour of Hollywood! A very nice small group of 7 people. We started with an hour walking tour of significant sights around the Hollywood and Highland intersection, including the iconic Hollywood sign in the hills. So much Hollywood history including walking the entryway staircase to the Dolby Theater with all the Oscar winners of Pictures of the Year prominently placed on both sides of the walkway. She explained the stars on the walk of fame, and also the hand and footprints in front of Graumann's Chinese Theater. From there we hopped into Trish's van and had a 3 hour excursion of nearby neighborhood eating establishments. that only locals would know about Gourmet quesadillas, pizza, pastrami and coleslaw with a dill pickle, chocolates, and ice cream. Just enough for a good sampling of everything! I think food tours really give you a flavor of the culture and trends in new destinations, and this did just that so wonderfully. Trish was so friendly, energetic, knowledgeable, and so prepared for the unexpected. Applause, applause..... this is a great food tour.
This was my son's favorite tour we took. The food was great and our tour guide was great also.
Trish did an outstanding job of giving us a Hollywood experience rich in Tinseltown history and culinary delights. Our group of four consisted of my husband and I who live locally and two friends from Philadelphia. Although we have lived in the area for decades, we learned so much that we never knew about the Oscars and Hollywood history. Loved learning all of the scoops! The food was yummy and creatively presented from bacon to pizza to pastrami to chocolate to ice cream! Trish did a great service in introducing us to gem eateries in the area. Transportation was very comfortable. We absolutely recommend this tour for all locals and visitors!
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities