Catalina Express Round-Trip Ferry Service: Long Beach or San Pedro to Avalon
Climb aboard the ‘Catalina Express’ ferry at either Downtown Landing in Long Beach or Catalina Sea and Air Terminal in San Pedro for round-trip service to Catalina Island. No matter where you depart from, you can expect awe-inspiring views of the Pacific Ocean on your trip. Torn between taking a day trip and doing an overnight stay? You can use your ticket anytime you like, making it easy to stay and explore what Catalina Island has to offer at your own pace!
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Likely to Sell Out
Once your Viator ticket purchase is complete, your reservation is NOT yet confirmed until you call Catalina Express to book your actual departure and return time.
Aboard the comfortable Catalina Express, sit back, relax and enjoy beautiful waterfront views on a 1-hour ride from Long Beach or San Pedro. You will be delivered to Avalon, the southernmost city of Los Angeles County. Once you disembark your ferry, you are a 5-minute walk from the downtown area. The pedestrian-friendly town regulates how many cars are allowed on the island, so much so that there is even a waiting list to own a car on the island! Stroll along the quiet, picturesque waterfront to enjoy shopping, dining, sightseeing and entertainment—all at your own pace. Depending on your schedule, check out what the Long Beach and San Pedro harbors have to offer. All food, drinks and activities are at your own expense.
Arrive in the heart of downtown at the Catalina Landing, next to the Aquarium of the Pacific. Want to grab a bite to eat before your ride? Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at the Catalina Bistro, in addition to coffee, beer and wine. The nearby Catalina Deli dishes out sandwiches and other light snacks.
The ferry service operates daily (schedule varies by season) and accommodates bikes, surfboards and strollers, giving you flexibility to travel how you please.
You can arrive early in San Pedro, a part of the Los Angeles Port, to discover its rich maritime history. Visit landmarks such as the Vincent Thomas Bridge, the third longest suspension bridge in the state of California, as well as the Los Angeles Maritime Museum and the historic USS Iowa and SS Lane Victory ships.
When it’s time to depart for Catalina Island, hop on the ferry at the Catalina Sea and Air Terminal in San Pedro. The ferry schedule varies seasonally and accommodates bikes, surfboards and strollers, giving you flexibility to travel how you please.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
Round-trip ex Long Beach
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Round-trip ex San Pedro 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 07:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 07:30 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Round-trip ferry service
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Parking (USD19 to USD23, based on departure point)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- REMINDER: Once your ticket purchase is complete, your reservation is NOT YET CONFIRMED until you call to book your actual boat departure and return time.
- Two (2) bags per person is allowed with a maximum of 50lbs (28kgs) per bag. Bags may not be larger than 37" x 23" x 23" (94cm x 58cm x 58cm)
- One (1) piece of carry-on luggage is allowed per person and must fit beneath your seat
- Restrooms are available on-board the ferry
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Maximum of fourteen (14) passengers per booking
- The safety and security of our passengers and employees are top priorities for Catalina Express. CDC Guidelines require the use of face masks for public transportation. Face masks must be worn while in any of our terminals, in line for boarding, and on the vessels regardless of vaccination status.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 149 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 4.40 out of 5 stars based on 63 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities