Lonely Planet Experiences: Vintage Vegas Small Group Arts Tour
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures.
Looking to experience a little culture in Las Vegas? Get off the Strip for the afternoon and tap into the artistic and home-grown side of the city with a local guide by your side. We’ll show you the original (and now vintage) elements of Las Vegas and we’ll uncover the incredible arts district that’s often totally overlooked by travelers. Here you’ll see beautiful public murals and graffiti and discover some of the best vintage shopping in the state. Alongside your guide, you’ll meet and make real connections with local artists and discover a hidden side to Las Vegas that’s often overshadowed by its more famous neon-lit casinos.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Las Vegas Urban Adventures, Las Vegas, NV 89109
From the Vegas art scene, your tour shifts gears and puts a spotlight on vintage Vegas - with some only-in-Vegas shopping! First, you’ll head to the growing antique row along Main Street. If you’re in love with retro style, you’re going to be in heaven! Maybe you’ll find the perfect Vegas souvenir from the 1950s, or your dream pair of kooky sunglasses, or a velvet housecoat, or that look-a-like couch from the Brady Bunch. Look around and you’ll see more cozy bars and shops — everything from a retro beauty parlour to a yoga studio to an oddities shop that has some real off-the-wall finds. Absorb the significance of the roots of Las Vegas from your expert guide, and we’ll connect you with old-school Vegas as we bounce from shop to shop. Your guide will also find the perfect place to stop and grab a snack, before you’re back at it, hunting for more incredible finds!
Throughout your tour, you’ll realize that you’re probably the only visitors around, as this area is usually frequented by locals only. That’s why we love it so much. Your tour will end on Main Street, where you can easily find a spot to grab dinner, a happy hour drink, or head back to your favorite shop to purchase that purple bowler hat you had your eye on. Your guide will be more than happy to give you recommendations for the rest of your evening or the rest of your visit to Las Vegas. Whatever you do after your tour with us, you’ll definitely feel like a Las Vegas local!
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: The Las Vegas Arts District, Bounded by Commerce Street, Hoover Avenue, 4th Street, Las Vegas Boulevard and Colorado Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89104
Your tour starts in the heart of The 18b, also known as the Las Vegas Arts District, at Boulder Plaza. Recently celebrating its 20th anniversary, 18b (named after the 18 blocks it occupies) is the go-to area of town for all things vintage, creative, kitschy, artistic and downright odd. Most visitors don’t often get to explore the local art around downtown Las Vegas, but trust us, it’s just as vibrant and exciting as anything you’ll find on The Strip. Vegas boasts some truly unique public art, from a gigantic sculpture of a paintbrush to the dynamic color blasts of graffitied walls to a huge bust of a very cheeky cat. We’re betting you’ve never seen anything like 18b’s public art. Enjoy the introduction into Vegas’ incredible local art scene and take advantage of the photo ops as you explore this dynamic corner of Vegas with your guide.
Stop At: The Arts Factory, 107 E Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104-1060
You’ll also get a chance to go behind-the-scenes of some more conventional art spaces, like the Arts Factory. This converted warehouse is now home to numerous artists and galleries, both contemporary and modern, who work in a variety of media, from jewelry to photography to fine art and more. Your guide will not only take you through the space, but give you the opportunity to meet some of the local artists or shopkeepers - a real treat!
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1029 S Main St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 3:00 PM
- Return Details: Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Local English-speaking guide
- A small snack
- Entry/Admission - Las Vegas Urban Adventures
- Entry/Admission - The Arts Factory
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Please dress comfortably and casually for warm or hot desert weather and wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- In the event of road or attraction closures, your guide will do their best to work around the obstacles or take your tour to alternate locations.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- The Vintage Vegas Arts Tour focuses heavily on repurposed spaces. Your guide will discuss the development of Las Vegas, in particular "First Fridays," an art festival held monthly with tons of local artists selling homemade crafts.
- The Arts Factory is another stop that gives you the chance to connect with local artists, as well as a chance to either purchase their art or donate to support them.
- Perhaps most touchingly, you visit the Oct 1 Healing Garden, created in the wake of the Mandalay Bay shootings. This previously empty lot has become a community hub and safe space in which both locals and tourists can gather to recall the memories and stories of those lost in the shooting.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing.
- Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
Average 4.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We were a small group which made it easy to ask questions. We visited museums, shops, art galleries and restaurants. We were treated to great food and later a cocktail. It was a very pleasant change from the strip, I learned alot though I wish we had more time to look at everything.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-5713P69
Similar Tours & Activities